Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a quote from a London Mitsubishi dealer for £1300 to change all brake pads and change front discs? WTF!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Try another one they are taking the ####, are you sure you need new discs, you can skim them 2-3 times.
Let me know what car you have and I will let you know how much they should be?

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evo VI GSR. Worn pads has scored a nice little groove in one the discs. I've done 13K so I guess it's due. I got a £620 quote from Ralliart. What do you think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Siko.
We can do you £690 |PLS| vat for pads and front discs less 10% with MLR membership card,

Ring Tony on 01273 388808. (based in Brighton)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Siko - tell them to stuff it (the Mitsu dealer, that is). A *decent* set of front disks that are comparable/better than the Brembo originals can be had for £250 including VAT. Pads (again, decent stuff) for £200 including VAT for a full set front and rear. That's around £450 *inclusive* for the lot. Piece of #### to fit so do it yourself.

Assess your needs (road/track) and buy from any of the dealers in the MLR mag. (Wastegate Chatter). Save yourself a bomb on main dealer prices and come away with better brakes!

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx all. Good to know I wasn't going mad after all. Still debating what to do on the brakes. Maybe the time to go AP's...maybe not. Grrrr

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I changed mine a few weeks back to Pagid front discs @ 190 quid the set.
I started using the ferodo ds2500 pads.
I done approx 22/24 laps of Bedford Autodrome and amp; punished them.
So far so good.
Cheap alternative and amp; if they bust, buy a new set!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.