Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend some fast road pads which dont squeel.I have standard disks on my V, I find the O.E. brembo pads poor on track
days, but mintex 1144 squeel like a pig with normal use.I really want a middle of the road pad that I dont have to keep changing between road and amp; track.

Paul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
of course

I wouldnt recommend discs eating pads to you guys.

Hold on! Dont buy them!! They get your wheels dirtier than OEM!!! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been using Minteex 1155 and don't get any squeal what so ever! Also done 2 track days with them but they need changing now.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paul,

I had some 1144 fitted about 2 months ago again and the discs skimmed this time around ,and don't get a murmer from them. 1155 some time ago drove me mad with the squeels so reverted back to 1144's.
Gentle bed in seems to work for me .
R u at cadwell?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Shorty long time no see, unfortunately couldnt make Cadwell.I am going to be really ####ed off at work knowing how much fun you lot are having,even weather forecast looks good.Back to the pad issue,Tim at B.T.R. has a set of nearly new Pagid`s he a giving me to try out (such a nice bloke) got to try something, er indoors is boycotting car saying everyone is staring at us when I brake, personally I dont give a toss.Everbody stares at Evo`s anyway, isnt that one of the reasons we bought them?
PS. what colour wheels did you go for?

Paul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't Coord do an anti-skkweeeell....llll kit for the Brembo calipers. This is meant to do away with the problems with the 1144's. I take it the kit just consists of a different shim kit and stodgy'r copper slip.

Anyone use this? How are they as I'd seriously consider 1144's again if they would only shut up.

...John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just checked their website...

Part # MR475618 at just under £20 for E6

I seem to remember something about a problem with the retaining pins on the calipers with other pads apart from Brembos. I may also be talking utter p15h. Which is nothing new :)

...John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My cars fitted with the Ralliart anti-squeal shim kit and i defently have to say....... it made F all difference :(

Just checked and mines, Part # ZCS526243 at just under £35.23 |PLS| VAT

Save ya money!

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ditto mine - AP cerametallic pads and sod all difference with Ralliart shims - squealing seems to reduce if used hard - general road use brings on the squeal.

Darryl.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Original Post:
I got the pagid 42's and they squeel like a bitch!
I KNOW!! That's why I told you to get the black ones!!

People here (well, in the UK) seem to think that the more heat the pads can take, the more they squeal. (which you just told us is not the case).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Original Post:
Claudius v1.4,

Where can I buy the Black Pagid RS 14.

Cheers

Skeletor
Hi skeletor

I'm sorry but I dont know where you can buy these in the UK. Try the motorsport parts suppliers or search for Pagid brake pads web site and look at the distributor list for your country.

(Ryan you hippie could have told him where you bought yours, they might have the RS14s ...)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Paul.

Still don't know what colour wheels to go for ,one minute its white then yellow then blue and on and on and on .Will have to see the colour chart again,decisions decisions:)
Sorry to here that you have to work,will catcha again one day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have Mintex F4R's and everyone says they squeal like a bitch. They did for me for a 500-800 miles but I soon (heat) cured them :D
Perhaps people don't heat cycle them properly or give up after the first session? I know it took 2 or 3 sessions with mine but after that they were as quiet as a church mouse.

I have gone for 42's as they have a lower heat range more suitable for stop start traffic over here http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >...oh yeah and I will stop those buggers squealling if they try it on :D

Claudius,
Have you used 42's?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Colin

I put so much heat into the F4R that my discs went blue, bearings knackered etc but those bloody pads squealed it was unbearable. A bit squealing is ok as the EVO is a Rally car but not the noise the F4R produced. Additionally they wreck your wheels and eat your discs whereas with the Pagid organic pads no problems. Currently I use the RS 14 at the rear but the rears will be replaced on Saterday with the GT 3 kit and then I'll run the Orange ones (4-4), second harshest pads in the pagid range after the RS14.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mike,
The reasons you give (apart from the squealing) is exactly why I am not renewing with F4R's and going for organic Pagids instead. F4R's are the only pads I have had where they have out lasted new discs, not because they are super long lasting but because they eat discs for breakfast!
I have heard (and read) that the RS14's and 4-4's have a higher operating temperature range but are not so good from cold. The RS14's and 4-4's would probably be good for the track (and for you) but the 4-2's are more suitable for everyday road with better performance from cold although the high temperature range is reduced. I think they would be better for me as there are not too many mountains round here but loads of traffic jams instead so heat never really builds up.
Have you tried RS15's or RS19's on the front yet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HH6

I put Pagid RS 4-2's in the mota last week and it has transformed the braking compared with the OEM pads. I went thru the Pagid bedding in routine and they only sueal a little, occassionally at low speed. I haven't done many miles yet so maybe I need to take them out for a good thrash and really bake them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts