Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can it be done?

Can I get a fair set up of front brakes for £400 or less?

Cheepest 1/2 decent set i can find is PF at £550, anyone got any idea if i can do better?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Don't get buget brakes, you get what you pay for and its your safety we are talking about :hammerhea

Jez

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Speak to MADMAT on here, he set me up with a really nice set of mintex front discs with ferrodo pads all around. for not far off what you want to pay £....reccommend very highly.

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
Discs from Madmat and Carbotech XP8 Pads from me will make your car stop a hell of a lot better:) and not break the bank :D

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
If you are going for budget brakes make sure you go down to your nearest boat shop and buy yourself a good strong chain and an anchor cos you are going to need it if you scrimp on your brakes :D

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Try JPS motorsport they did my higher carbon discs all round,braided hoses all round, and EBC red stuff pads all round and fitted them all for £450 including the VAT.Lovely bunch of lads and the brakes are incredible. Speak to paul 01908 367100

·
Registered
955 Posts
123456 said:
Don't get buget brakes, you get what you pay for and its your safety we are talking about :hammerhea

Jez
Bullsh*t

PF .11 pads £100
Camskill standard discs £250

So what exactly is wrong with that considering you get better brakes than a standard car?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
thetyrant said:
Discs from Madmat and Carbotech XP8 Pads from me will make your car stop a hell of a lot better:) and not break the bank :D

Cheers
Ian
i'm gonna give these a whirl ;)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just bought EBC Turbogroove slotted/dimpled discs and redstuff ceramic pads front & rear for just over £500 all in. Price doesn't include fitting - doing them with a mate next month.

I know they aren't popular on here but I had them on both my Nissan 200SXs (S13 & S14A) and I think they're fantastic for the money. Will be a big improvement over standard and I never managed to fade them despite all my car's being auto's (ie little or no engine braking)

I'll let you know how they fare on the GT-A once fitted.

I believe Steviebee's got them on his 8 MR RS, and he's got 390 BHP :eek:

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
phil lloyd said:
Quote..A wise move

Aye,ill second that....im doing oulton park again with these pads for the 2nd time.....gonna see if the 1st time (that the brakes were fantastic) was a fluke!!!! :D :D
That was no FLuke as you will see :)... im so impressed that today i left my current job to start working for them :eek: :D

Cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Birds brakes on a budget?
Dead cheep.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
R1 GOOD said:
I've Godspeed 2 piece discs. They work well with DS 2500 pads and haven't warped at all. email [email protected]
got these too with cross drilled rears, ferodos seem to take a bit to warm up but when they do they are ace, very different feel to the gsr brakes though due to the lack of abs and a pump, carbotechs next ;)

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I've a master cylinder brace and braided hoses as well and they make a big difference to pedal feel.There is no spongieness at all.

·
Registered
148 Posts
my mate has dba discs fitted to his brembos on a twin tt supra with braided hoses, motul fluid and ? pads - he speaks very highly of them - massive improvement and if they stop that big lump im sure they will have no probs on an evo :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts