Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I feel a slight shake on mine if I apply the brakes gently whilst at speed, but it goes away as you build the pressure up on the pedal and the pads start to bite. If I brake hard from speed then there is no sign of any shake.

Also noticed that the brake performance goes off a bit if the brakes are not used hard for a while (i.e. couple of weeks commuting to/from work in traffic with no real blasts/heavy braking). I gave the brakes a good workout (repeated the brake running-in procedure) a while back and that sharpened everything up again.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The dealers skimmed my disks on warrantee, so they are admitting fault with them I guess, they are still looking into it as the wobble came back again in mine, the brakes have always had a problem as my EVO VI had the same crap.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trebor said:
I feel a slight shake on mine if I apply the brakes gently whilst at speed, but it goes away as you build the pressure up on the pedal and the pads start to bite. If I brake hard from speed then there is no sign of any shake.

Also noticed that the brake performance goes off a bit if the brakes are not used hard for a while (i.e. couple of weeks commuting to/from work in traffic with no real blasts/heavy braking). I gave the brakes a good workout (repeated the brake running-in procedure) a while back and that sharpened everything up again.
But mine is that, if apply heavy brake then shake. And i have already carried out the 'run-in procedure'. :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts