Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

Im in desperate need of new brake pads, one of my m8s recommended I use ferodo ds2500. n since ive only had my car for 2-3 months im kinda new to this. So do u guys no if there good for my E8-260 and if so wer can I get hold of them ASAP n if possible how much they would set me bk.

Thanks guys Ur help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just had DS2500 rear pads fitted and they were only about £25. Not sure on fronts though. I had DS3000 on before them and I'm really relieved to say the dreaded squeal has gone so far so good.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi mate :D

DS2500 are just what you need, they are awesome and not a bad price either ;)

Give RSE a call (01492 592888) they have them in stock and ready to go ;)

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
Waggy said:
Hi mate :D

DS2500 are just what you need, they are awesome and not a bad price either ;)

Give RSE a call (01492 592888) they have them in stock and ready to go ;)
Thats a shameless plug if ever i saw one,you`d never catch me doing that,although i might try and fit DS2500 on my 205`s which can be seen by clicking my link below ;) :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Seiously i agree,i had ds2500 on my evo and they were ace :coolsm:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the insite guys...

I called around n found the 2500 performance pads both front, rear for £200. do u guys think that’s a good deal or not?

Thanks again for the help gents

·
Registered
994 Posts
That sounds about right but if your ever thinking of doing a trackday or two you should look into the carbontech pads that thetyrant sells awesome with brembos

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that info Derek, I haven’t don any track yet but hopefully will when I get time off work which is almost imposable.

But bout the pads Just got them 2day n got them fitted 2 cost me bout £30, which I think is not bad for fitting all four of them.

Anyways thanks again for the help gents much appreciated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don’t know mate, I hope not I just got them fitted. Plus everyone ive been talking to has recommended that id get them. The people that ive been asking and talking to either have them fitted them selves and have no probs with them, or they have had them fitted b4 but just upgrades there brake system. But if anyone here knows if that’s true then please let us know.

Thanks agin

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
sc_evo said:
is there any truth in the rumor that ds2500's eat the crap out of the brake disc's or is this rubbish?
well i've been running them on our demo car for the past 2 years with no probs, fast road 15k a year and trackdays too ;)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
sc_evo said:
is there any truth in the rumor that ds2500's eat the crap out of the brake disc's or is this rubbish?
DS2500 is not hard on the discs and the dust is not agresive unlike some out there ....

Jez

1 - 12 of 12 Posts