Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Which brake pads would you suggest to replace the stock pads ?
Is there a performance increase ?
The Mintex pads seem popular here. Which version to use ?

The stock pads seem to generate a lot of brake dust as well.

Thanks

- ron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Mintex pads that we are currently talking about are the Mintex F4R. These pads however are machined down by 8mm on the inside edge to provided a bigger air gap between the bell and the pad. This seems to help in preventing the discs warping along with removing the dust shields.
The machined pads are available from Dragon Autosport (see other threads for contact details) for approx £150.
Alternatively you should be able to get the standard F4R's machined down by your local machine shop.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obvioulsy the Mintex pads are the popular choice at the moment... but has anybody tried using other brands of pads and managed to stop the warping ??? i have heard thats the pad material of the OEM items is a large factor contributing to the warping.. is this true ??

Just had my discs skimmed so trying to minimise warpage (is that a word ?) again !

Jevo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The OE Brembo pads are very large and produce a lot of heat. Any after market pads the same size as the Brembo OE items are liable to produce the same amount of heat. If you want to experiment with other pads then get them machined down by 8mm on the inside edge.
REMEMBER don't expect the same stopping power if you machine down OE pads and use OE discs!

I think its warping and not warpage (I had a think about that in my previous posts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
other than the Brembo pads, what would you recommend as replacements? do all other replacement pads squeal and produce alot of brake dust? i don't live in the UK, so can these replacement pads be fitted by any reputable mechanic. i now find it more cost effective to order pads from the UK as the mitsubishi dealer will sell only Brembo replacements imported from Ralliart Japan for $3,500 US Dollars for a set of fronts and rears. any info will be greatly appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'VE JUST FITTED EBC RED STUFF PADS (£91 |PLS| VAT)FROM DEMON TWEEKS AND FITTED DIAMOND DISCS (£130).
I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW I GET ON WITH THEM.
HAD MINTEX 1144'S ON OE DISCS BEFORE THAT AND THEY WERE OK,THE MINTEX STOPPED THE DISCS FROM WARPING.
CHEERS
GARY

1 - 6 of 6 Posts