Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted in this section because it's both a brake and suspension related question but admin feel free to move it if necessary.

So iv just purchased some MR shocks to go on my 5 and read that they don't have the bracket on the shock that the standard 5 shocks have for the brake line to attach to.

What has anyone done to safely attach the brake line to the shock? I have braided brake lines and I have read that some people just don't bother as they are braided lines but that sound a bit bad to me so would rather secure them correctly if possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one??

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
If you really want to attach them I'd suggest finding a short length of rubber hose or pipe, slitting it down it's length and wrapping it round the braided hose and securing it with tie wraps. Then simply position this "bandage" in the area that naturally sits up against the shocker and tie the two together with some bigger tie wraps.

What you definitely don't want, even with braided hoses, is chafing, as it will eventually wear through the sheathing.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do well cheers buddy, I figured the brackets would probably not fit right. I'm sure I could knock something up to suit.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good idea, Iv got my old shocks in the loft I will have a look and see what can be done with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts