Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've only had my Evo 9 for 3 months (less than 2000 miles) and it developed a vibration when braking from 70+.. i took it into mitsubishi brighton and they confirmed that the front discs are slightly warped.. and will need milling down.

but the warranty won't cover this!!! oh great.

I can't belive this as only after 3 months of owning the car, i've got to shell out more money... I know the exterme cold could have affected the car, hot brakes and then freezing conditions...

should I complain to the mitsubishi and see what i get as a response or just pay for the work to be done..

all advise welcome..

and is this a common thing?

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
firstly is the car still at the deallers or have you got it home??

If its at home take it out for a drive and do a few big stops, the judder could be getting caused by deposits being left of the discs. Common problem if thee brakes arent given a good workout.

If that doenst work good chance the discs are warped in which case if you can afford it I would invest in some good aftermarket pads and discs the standard ones up yo much.

If possible try and avoid sitting at traffic lights etc and holding the car on the footbrake. This can cause hot spots on the discs which can lead to warping :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yeah its pretty common, you can get a set of replacement discs for about 100 quid from camskill, or alternatively go for a set of performance friction 2 piece discs a bit more expensive but I believe they tend to solve the problem

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll try a few big stops.. could i run the car with the ribration or will ruin the pads?

what make of aftermarket disc??

what one would you reccommend? and what pads?

Performance frition 2 piece discs where would you reccomend i get these from?

sorry i'm sure this has been asked so many times..

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
no harm will get done to the pads.

All depends on you budget mate. I went from DBA 4000 discs all round which was jsut over £600, and Carbotech XP8 pads. In total is was about £900 with new brake fluid etc.

For DBA discs speak to clarck motorsport, XP8 pads best price is from carbotech.

http://www.clarkmotorsport.net/cart/

http://www.carbotech-europe.com/

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had this problem a while ago and like our friend said i did some heavy braking and cured it It's been great up until recently it came back exactly the same symptoms i did the same heavy braking again to no avail it took me ages to find it was one of my back pads had broken only a corner off but the bits had nowhere to go amazing really.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts