Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many people talk about Vent to Atmos' BOV. I have one question. Why would you fit that to a car with a Mass air flow meter at the beginning of the induction cycle?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scoobie-Killa,
Most people fit them for the whoossh sound that they make.
If you have a search of the forum for BOV topics, you will see many many threads on the benefits and disadvantages of the VTA's compared to the recirc valves.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK done a search and the only advantage I can see is a whoosh sound. Forgive mw but... arnt we trying to make the car faster not sound poncie? All I was trying to say was that if you engine knows how much air should be going in or is in the induction system, then you expel some, surley you will be running rich, unless the Lambda is wide range?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Works 4 me , unless u make a hobby of slowly lifting off between gear changes it ain't a problem :). Quite a number of users I have spoken 2 r pleased with the response benefits of the HKS SSQV BOV that we have fitted , the occasional stalling probs can b resolved with the adjustment on the rear of the valve body . Can't speak 4 other makes of VTA BOV.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had mine for a few months now, the only thing it does out of the ordinary is, the revs drop when braking sometimes!! (I have stalled twice in all this time) Maybe i need to adjust the screw on the back!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi there new guy
i like you already !!
for your information,
hks themselves,IN THEIR OWN CATALOGUE,recommend that a re-circulating kit (separate part number)is used with this part on an evo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone tried cruising at 120/130mph with a bov

for me - its virtually impossible cos every minute nanoscopic movement of your right foot has teh car bunny hopping and shuddering like b***ard. I was level peggins with some fancy 996 (GT2 ? sounded incredible

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Look. the WRC teams use a recirc. now correct me if Im wrong, they need quick response and power with no lag.... so what was the reason for VTA again????!!!!!???!?!?!?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Original Post:
anyone tried cruising at 120/130mph with a bov

for me - its virtually impossible cos every minute nanoscopic movement of your right foot has teh car bunny hopping and shuddering like b***ard. I was level peggins with some fancy 996 (GT2 ? sounded incredible http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle > ) the other night but had to back off cos my car went all kangeroo on me past the ton and it didn't feel good ! Am I the only one ??

[/QUOTE]

Certainly have , frequently actually , problems |EQU| zero.
Which do u use ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Original Post:
Look. the WRC teams use a recirc. now correct me if Im wrong, they need quick response and power with no lag.... so what was the reason for VTA again????!!!!!???!?!?!?
U need 2 remember that race teams have a totally different set of parameters 2 work 2 , and yes I know speed etc r the fundamentals , but still it can b misleading 2 use their installation's as guidance.

Some VTA BOV's work , well HKS 1's do , some don't , but also remember , HKS valves don't use springs 2 seal .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
as Spender used to say;
YOU DO IT YOUR WAY,ILL DO IT MINE !

travelling at high speed can loose you your licence !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If they didn't sell VTA BOV's what else would the Evo-man-about-town spend his money on ? If he doesn't spend it on useless gadgets for his car as fast as possible his wife will claim it.
Perhaps for a nice hat for that wedding ? Or ANOTHER pair of ******* shoes.

Maybe we should have a 'whats wrong with Re-circ BOV's club'.
The only 'Whoosh' I want to know about is the one the other driver hears when I go past :D

TonyC
Re-circulating and proud of it !

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.