Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my MR300 for a few weeks now and I'm getting fed up of everybody in a bodykit laden vauxhall wanting to race me.

Sometimes I rise to it if I'm in the mood but its all the time. Some of the time I just let them get on with it - they usually try some risky overtake and I end up easing off to let them past.

Anybody else get this?

Am I letting the side down by not dispatching all of these chavs? Maybe I'm just getting old!

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
RSVMilly said:
I've had my MR300 for a few weeks now and I'm getting fed up of everybody in a bodykit laden vauxhall wanting to race me.

Sometimes I rise to it if I'm in the mood but its all the time. Some of the time I just let them get on with it - they usually try some risky overtake and I end up easing off to let them past.

Anybody else get this?

Am I letting the side down by not dispatching all of these chavs? Maybe I'm just getting old!
u need to start living with it bud, it happens to all of us

just ignore them

·
Registered
617 Posts
I wish it was like that up my way. I'd love people to take me on. I never get a race, it's gutting. Sometimes I'll scour the roads endlessley to to no avail. I just want some good quality bouts to chill me out. Apart from that I never exercise the car, I just like to cruise gently. She doesn't really like to much rompage.

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
sweep121 said:
I wish it was like that up my way. I'd love people to take me on. I never get a race, it's gutting. Sometimes I'll scour the roads endlessley to to no avail. I just want some good quality bouts to chill me out. Apart from that I never exercise the car, I just like to cruise gently. She doesn't really like to much rompage.
trust me u get sick of every ned dogging u on etc :D and driving up to your rear bumper to push u on

·
Registered
160 Posts
sweep121 said:
Top man ,, ive been known to go looking for it myself :D

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Ive had it a lot but had the last laugh on 3 occasions on the same piece of road at the same traffic lights and yes with the same speed camera a couple of hundred yards ahead. Just kept with them off the lights till the start of the markings by which time theyre so horny cos they are just in front of an evo they forget about the camera i hit the brakes then "FLASH"goes the camera and Trevor has just found himself not winning a race off the lights with an evo but 3points etc kindly donated by Norfolk Constabulary.The Mad monk :rockon: :mitsi:

·
Registered
514 Posts
RSVMilly said:

Anybody else get this?

a few weeks ago i was behind a 4x4,at night, saw in rear mirror lights belting up behind were 3 chavs in a pug took us both on a blind bend hazards flashing as they passed,i use that road every day and wouldnt take the 4x4 never mind 2 cars even in daylight there.p***ed me and the 4x4 driver off dont care if they write themselves off but do care if hit someone innocent.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Mad Monk said:
Ive had it a lot but had the last laugh on 3 occasions on the same piece of road at the same traffic lights and yes with the same speed camera a couple of hundred yards ahead. Just kept with them off the lights till the start of the markings by which time theyre so horny cos they are just in front of an evo they forget about the camera i hit the brakes then "FLASH"goes the camera and Trevor has just found himself not winning a race off the lights with an evo but 3points etc kindly donated by Norfolk Constabulary.The Mad monk :rockon: :mitsi:
Pure class....nothing better !

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
well im shocked, people on here admitting to racing on the public highway, disgraceful and no mistake. ill wager you were breaking speed limits in places as well you hooligans. just thyink of the terrible things that could happen whilst doing this you reckless fools.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I don't seem to get challenged to races at all. People just wind their windows down and put their thumbs up and say "nice car". When I park it somewhere in town...by the time I get back, there is usually someone hovering around it and having a look inside (sometimes chavs). As long as they don't touch it, I don't care.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Never had anybody try to race me in a car, but I had to show a suzuki 600 sports bike the way a couple of weeks ago down the new ferry by pass. I came off the roundabout in the outside lane minding my own business and sudenly the rear view mirrror was full of white and blue suzuki, weaving all over the place. I let him past and thought you cheeky **** and floored it. I think he was shocked that he couldn't gain any ground as he kept glancing over at me, we came to a superfast left hander and he fell back quite a distance. needless to say I got to the next roundabout before him and couldn't resist winding my window down and waving....... the power ranger ignored me. :crackup:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Good on ya. Can't imagine many bikers would have the balls/skill to keep up with an Evo around corners!

·
Registered
617 Posts
A few things, with regards to above post, I am getting a lot of people who keep giving thumbs up etc. A lot of scoob drivers. I am not used to this terminology. Do you just do the same kind of wave back then?? I love my new car but only slight problem is for instance, last night i was picking up my missus from the town and sloshed chavs were trying to engage in conversation with me eg, 'awrite mate, at motors stunnin by the way, wit hiv ye had it up tae?' For just an hour I wish my car looked plain. I'm also increasingly worried about leaving it places. I was pretty worried about my fiat coupe. It was metallic red with tan interior, it was always shinging and drew quite a lot of attention but this car is completely in your face.

Anyway, fireblade surely you are kidding on, yeah? With a name like fireblade it would suggest you enjoy a quick honda with two wheels. I have never actually seen a japanese bike take it easy apart from when there is dense traffic in town. It amazes me what these guys do. i was behind a house which backs onto a 30 road and an r1 came screaming along. I've heard fast bikes but this made some kind of strange wind noise which echoed of the neighbourhood, much like a plane.

I like to just take it easy when driving to be honest. I don't really condone driving like a complete stiffy. But if someone wants to take me on, the adrenaline spreads all over my body, mainly to my hands and feet. It's a serious rush, I like to get my fix. I know that might sound ridiculous but I can't actually help it. I have actually thought of hypnotherapy or something but in my honest opinion I've really managed to calm myself down. I never do any crazy moves like overtaking on blind corners. I learnt my lesson when driving my old ax gt. I shot out to overtake 2 cars on a country road, a nice bloke closed the gap, I thought i'd show him and pass a few more cars. I passed 10 cars by the time I reached a blind summit. Believe it or not, I passed an oncoming car in opposite lanes and then shot back into lane and dropped a log. I have never been so scared in all my life, complete fowking idiot. I'm still annoyed at myself for doing that. What a tit I must have looked like in my stupid 1360cc car which I thought was invinceable. I was 17 at the time but it's not much of an excuse.

As for sending chavs through the gatsos monk, that's genious. Saying that they are horny is v.funny.

I have a similar story. In Glasgow one day in my old r5 turbo near where you come off the kingston bridge opposite from town some idiot was clearly going to try an undertaking manouvre. Rather than plant it, I opted for a progressive plantation, All I did was match his speed and then let him gain half a car length and then I matched it again. I sent him into the back of a parked panda. I think he'd have been okay as it was a t plate astra or newer and it wasn't a big speed and he did brake a little. I didn't mean to send him into the car, I thought he would have braked. I just hate when people try and scream in front of you from nowhere. I would have stopped to see if he was okay but I was in a hurry and he was wearing a vertical mighty ducks cap.

oh the joys :angel:

·
Registered
5,270 Posts

Anyway, fireblade surely you are kidding on, yeah? With a name like fireblade it would suggest you enjoy a quick honda with two wheels. I have never actually seen a japanese bike take it easy apart from when there is dense traffic in town. It amazes me what these guys do. i was behind a house which backs onto a 30 road and an r1 came screaming along. I've heard fast bikes but this made some kind of strange wind noise which echoed of the neighbourhood, much like a plane.
I [/B]

eh i was being sarcy mate, lol. its in relation to a post that sort of turned into a slagging match towards us bikers because we admitted to breaking speed limits by a large margin.
as for the bike sounding like a plane, probably a gsxr as these tend to howl if you know what im getting at?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gsrgeoff said:
You get this in all performance cars, not just EVO's - however most people just want to see how fast the evo really is.
Everybody knows that an Evo is one of the fastest cars on the road. I think they just want to see how they stack up against it.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that suffers this 'red rag to a bull' syndrome.

Like the previous poster, I've become paranoid about where I park it.

When I was these same age as these gimps I'm afraid I used to drive as badly as any of them. When I watch them now overtaking in turn-right boxes with oncoming traffic (and no way of knowing if someone is about to occupy that turn right box) it makes me cringe. It probably doesn't even occur to them.

I have done some advanced motorcycle tuition which is predominantly about reading the road and developing anticipation skills. It is equally as applicable to car driving. I'm faster in certain places but I give a lot more thought to where I overtake now. Some people think I miss opportunities but they don't see the side turns, cars about to emerge, cars about to overtake in front of you etc.

Still, this sensibleness means I can insure my Evo for a third what my they probably pay for their TPFT Nova.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts