Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Evo 1, blitz sbc-id,power meter,hks hiper muffler,hks power flow,cusco front and rear struts.Settings on sbc are 1|EQU|5,2|EQU|13,3|EQU|33,4|EQU|47.Boost peaking at 1.08 bar.How much can the settings be turned up (especially on 4) to be in the safety margin? Just had the exhaust fitted-still grinning!! Many thanks for any advice. Adam.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply Lee. How do you know the point at which you cannot turn up the setting any more, without things happening that shouldn't, i.e. blowing up!! Did you have your car set up on a rolling road?

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Mines on 57, peaks at 1.47, Holds on 1.38 constant in 1st to third. Then peaks at 1.49 and holds on 1.44 in 4th and 5th. Thats with a gain of 16. On 20 gain it peaks at 1.55 in 1 to third and 1.59 in fouth and fifth.

Theres no need to do this one two three four etc.

Just set posistion 1 to a setting and let the blitz do the work. It still learns in manual mode U Know?! Just look at the top right little box its always learning your driving statistics. Its very easy to use. The overboost and scrabble are ****. Just do what a turbo is supposed to do and let it spin. With my setting I get above 1.3bar in all gears, inc first. Unlike a normal setup when U might get anything from .6bar to .8 bar as there isnt much load.! The blitz takes this and throws it away giving U a new kind of driving.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Try it.

Im thinking of getting some uprated pistons when I have my head flowed, cams and bolts done.

let me Know how U get on.

and by the way let me Know what the detonation sounds like!

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Bro...with all that stuff u listed you shud be able to crank your boost right up there
try 4|EQU|80 with the total around 1.8 bar
My settings are a bit higher, my mods sound simialr to yours...mines an evo 2 tho
My car seems to handle the higher boost, the only reason i hav it high is because i can afford to get it fixed if anything goes wrong...so just be careful
Laters Dude

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Trent 7 ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!

the only reason i hav it high is because i can afford to get it fixed if anything goes wrong...so just be careful

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ha ha

Dude! ha Ha Ha

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Ha Ha too.Let me know when you detonate too! I obviously don't have enough money to worry about my car blowing up.Isnt 1.8 bar a bit much for a 2?

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
I think.

A re mapped ecu from ralliart etc is only rated and fueled to 1.3 bar so its gonna def damage somewhere.

Best to keep to below 1.3 without any ecu etc

Best to do is get a P.E etc ecu and get it done right!

Thanks

by the way ignore Trent 7 Hes too much money!! hA hahahahahaha

Idiot!

Any more problems mail me fella

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Yet another perfect example for banning of ?????? like Trent 7.Just look at his thread 'You bunch of *******) in this sections. I admit I have bitten to a couple of idiotic threads and said a few things I regret but come on!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
and amp;lt;rant and amp;gt;
living in nz as i do i'm going to come to this guys defence, the question seemed to be how high can i run and various responses were made
then the question was asked what happens if you turn it to 100
then trent replied that he has run as high as 80
then the next line what he was actually saying was too the effect of don't do this unless you can afford to replace your motor ie its not a good idea for the long term health but at least for a short period it has been done

a culture difference in the way things are said
and calling him an idiot was uncalled for

max boost in a 6 in nz tuning circles on standard pistons is said to be 1.8 in fact rods the weakest link will fail somewhere between 375 and 400hp, which means you cant run this boost higher up in the rev range as u may get rod failure

so this boost controller is a waste of money as not capable of tapering the boost properly and your car is slower than it could be

obviously in a 1 or 2 then safe boost is lower as pistons not as good, a common budget mod is to fit 6 pistons with vr4 rods, vr4 rods said to be good for up to 450 hp, but are heavier so engine response not so good

nz has the second highest number of evos after japan and the lower numbers are very common as there are floods of them coming in used from japan, you should encourage these guys, might learn something

also sticking a pe (or any other ecu) in your car will not allow you ALONE to safely go over 1.3 bars, the reason being that the fuel system can't cope and needs to be upgraded too, it can't supply fueling for fuel that isnt there

i agree though, for calling someone an idiot then you should be banned

last but not least, if someone went hahaha after a post i'd made i would probably think they were a ****** too

and amp;lt;/rant and amp;gt;

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Regardless of who should be called what, I think you guys should be aware that there are no two cars that would respond the same to the same settings on any kind of controllers that you use. Everything is so different, that saying that if he runs at 34 I should be able too, don't make much of a sense. There are too many things that are different between the cars and we are all over the world as well, so all of those settings people should use just as a side reference and nothing else. Unless you just don't care how much the new engine (or whatever else you are playing with) is! :)

Fedja

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Evotrak, I hear what you say about boost and ECUs. Maybe you could recommend a methos of running high boost with the right fuel supply? Not too expensive if possible.
Thanks ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
Cant see a thread called You bunch of ******* in this section, but I admire the guy's perspicacity. Surely stems from experience? LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
Claudius, the thread I am talking about is about 20 down from this one, under 'you bunch of *******' in this section(technical questions) for which the moderator has now closed the thread due to trent 7's immaturity(age 19 on profile, would be interested to hear his insurance quote!!!!) I don't admire his audacity!!! Nice car Claudius, who's the lady???? Why can't I ask a perfectly innocent question, albeit ignorant, without this constant 'Let's see who can ridicule the original poster', attitude.

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
I'll give you some good advice. Firstly, don't take what others say as gospel, espescially not when they have a different model Evo to you. I also have an Evo I. I run about 1.2 bar on 90 octane (ron |PLS| mon)/2 can't really run any more boost safely with my current mods. How do I know? I have an EGT gauge which lets me know how safely my car is running. You should also consider a knock link or similar device and an a/f ratio meter (not all that useful, but will tell you if you are leaning out grossly - DON'T rely on it alone though).

By the way for me to run even 1.1 bar safely I had to upgrade the fuel pump and add extra fuel with a super AFC.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts