Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys could explain this ... when i am giving the car large and producing max acceleration the boost pressure is around 23 - 25 psi however the boost will not remain at a steady pressure it drops off to around 12 - 15 psi, this is still under acceleration. i would have thought that you would maintain a steady boost pressure untill gear change. it is an evo 8, with a TurboSmart Dual Port Blow Off Valve it is still fitted up as in recirc to prevent stalling, 3 in decat but the rest is standard.

sorry for sounding like a dumb ass, thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
22,085 Posts
Guys could explain this ... when i am giving the car large and producing max acceleration the boost pressure is around 23 - 25 psi however the boost will not remain at a steady pressure it drops off to around 12 - 15 psi, this is still under acceleration. i would have thought that you would maintain a steady boost pressure untill gear change. it is an evo 8, with a TurboSmart Dual Port Blow Off Valve it is still fitted up as in recirc to prevent stalling, 3 in decat but the rest is standard.

sorry for sounding like a dumb ass, thanks in advance
your car is an evo 8 what???

That peak boost is high for a standard car, do you have a boost controller, or has the ecu been remapped?

Stu

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry Stu it is a 260 gsr ... I think it has had a map but that was before i got it... I do not have any controllers. cheers i hope this helps

your car is an evo 8 what???

That peak boost is high for a standard car, do you have a boost controller, or has the ecu been remapped?

Stu

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
its probably been mapped.they usually tail off higher up the range so it really depends if/how it was mapped.you should get it checked to see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.