Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i correct in thinking if i was to fit a ralliart ecu , a boost controller , and an uprated fuel pump then i could set the boost to 1.5 bar with no problems. Or would that be a bit close to the fuel cut point on the ecu?
Does anyone have this setup?
I already have hks induction , hks intercooler and hard pipe and exhaust.
Any idea of power after the possible new mods ?
Cheers

Paul.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
You would be fine running 1.5 bar although IMO I think 1.4 is adequate:) (dont know why but it seems to give similar power :confused: )

Should give you around 350-360bhp

Matt
:)

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
paulpicks21 said:
Cheers Matt.
Not a bad power increase for about £800 then.
No its spot on makes a massive difference:) :cool: May cost you a bit more on labour fitting the controller and fuel pump if you cant do it yourself, about 4-5 hours labour maybe.
Jon T has a 2nd hand Ralliart ECU for sale, tell him I sent you ;) (make sure its the sports ecu not the group N one)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers mate , Its gonna be a few weeks before i have the funds availible so will check around then for some cheap bits.

Paul.

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
paulpicks21 said:
Am i correct in thinking if i was to fit a ralliart ecu , a boost controller , and an uprated fuel pump then i could set the boost to 1.5 bar with no problems. Or would that be a bit close to the fuel cut point on the ecu
Cheers

Paul.
Thers is no fuel cut point on the Ralliart ECU ;)

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Re: Re: Boost on ralliart ecu

jetskidia said:
Thers is no fuel cut point on the Ralliart ECU ;)
I am sure there is sort of isnt there??? After 1.5/1.6 bar it just opens up the injectors fully which I imagine isnt ideal. So no actually your right there isnt really a fuel cut :D

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Boost on ralliart ecu

Leonard said:
I am sure there is sort of isnt there??? After 1.5/1.6 bar it just opens up the injectors fully which I imagine isnt ideal. So no actually your right there isnt really a fuel cut :D
You've got too much time on your hands :)

BTW I only run 1.3 bar on mine and still acheive figures i'm happy with ;)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
i didnt think there was a fuel cut but would imagine that there would be a point that not enough fuel will beable to get in, if i were to get one id stick to 1.4, and maybe up to 1.5 for quick blasts

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Boost on ralliart ecu

jetskidia said:
You've got too much time on your hands :)

BTW I only run 1.3 bar on mine and still acheive figures i'm happy with ;)
You didnt achieve the G-Force figures you got with just 1.3 bar did you :eek: If that is the case do you reckon it is worth getting some cams???? Have you any other performance mods over and above std????

P.S What do you mean I have to much time on my hands :confused: :p

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boost on ralliart ecu

Leonard said:
You didnt achieve the G-Force figures you got with just 1.3 bar did you :eek:
Have you any other performance mods over and above std??
Yes ;) re 1.3 bar

click on my car for full spec :)

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
AlBoy said:
i didnt think there was a fuel cut but would imagine that there would be a point that not enough fuel will beable to get in, if i were to get one id stick to 1.4, and maybe up to 1.5 for quick blasts
If you gonna run 1.4-1.5 make sure you get you fuelling checked ;)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I have all those mods and I'm getting fuel starvation.
I've wound it down to 1.1 bar at the moment.

Just about to fit a Sard and Apexi then of to Mad to set it up.
I hope that does the trick as I don't really want to do any other mods until I 've learnt the car.

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
Marvin said:
I have all those mods and I'm getting fuel starvation.
I've wound it down to 1.1 bar at the moment.

Just about to fit a Sard and Apexi then of to Mad to set it up.
I hope that does the trick as I don't really want to do any other mods until I 've learnt the car.
Do you have an uprated fuel pump fitted?

When mine was last on the RR , if anything, was slightly over fueling ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a question, i am installing a turbo shortly to my ralliart and lots of people are have difficulty to properly tune these cars once the turbo is up and running, is there a way to reprogram the stcok ECU or go with some type of engine management piggy back such as the greddy E-manage?? any info you have would help. Thanks :D

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Ralliart04 said:
i have a question, i am installing a turbo shortly to my ralliart and lots of people are have difficulty to properly tune these cars once the turbo is up and running, is there a way to reprogram the stcok ECU or go with some type of engine management piggy back such as the greddy E-manage?? any info you have would help. Thanks :D
People are starting to tune using this in the UK, sure there will be a Canadian tuner who could do the same for you. Or you could send your ECU over and get a uprated map 'flashed' onto it and then sent back to you.

http://www.ecutek.com/

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72194&highlight=turbo+BBd

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Leonard said:
Marvin you dont really need a fuel regulator just an uprated fuel pump :)
I already have one.
But I'm told I'm not getting enough fuel at the top end :confused:
Hence my banging, popping and spluttering.
Well it's into MAD week Tuesday to set up the fuel reg and the Apexi.
I've fitted my batt relo, and on Mon nite I'll fit my Apexi read for Mark to do is stuff.
Hopefuly at the end of it I'll have a sweet and reliable motor ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts