Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the standard boost levels for an E5 and E6, ie what is the peak
figuire and what figure should be held throughtout the rev range.

Thanks in advance,
....Brian :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is either 1.1 bar peak and 1.0 bar held or 1.0 bar peak and 0.9 bar held.
From my experience it seems to be whatever the factory felt like at the time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks HH6,

My E5 was showing 1.2 bar peak and held 1.1 bar on a recent RR. Is this normal ?
What could acount for this increase over standard ?

....Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brian,
That's also what I am getting on my E6. Perhaps those are the standard figures then but I am sure I have seen the figures in my previous post being quoted as the standard values before.
As I said it all depends on what the factory was feeling like at the time, my new RS engine was producing 1.4 bar with 1.3 bar held until I fitted the old restrictor which had a larger internal diameter and dropped it down to the same figures as you.
I think the engines are run in the factory and then the boost level is tuned to 'standard' using the boost control restrictor (near to the actuator). Obviously all engines, even though built the same, have slightly different characteristics and boost levels will never be exactly the same between cars unless modified to suit by the restrictor.
Just guessing though but it does explain the 2 different restrictor sizes I have encountered, my new RS engine having a non modified restrictor until I corrected it.
If anyone knows any different then let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Spanpody
Have you had your car from new ? If you remove the restrictor in the boost soleniod valve, you will almost certainly boost to the exact figures that you quoted. I know this from personal trial and error experience with a standard EVO6. The boost solenoid valve is situated on the nearside front wing, under the black canister [don`t know what that is ]. There are two rubber pipes attatched to the valve, and, if you pull the one with the clip off there should be a tiny black restrictor inside there. If you`ve had the car from new it will be in place. If it`s secondhand it`s worth checking that it is there, as there is lots of talk as to wether this a good modification or not. It`s my view that this mod. is o.k. after using the car for a long period in this state of tune with no signs of fuel cutoff. Hope this helps. SIMON.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had the car for 17 months, it was previously owned by a women!

The car was stock when i got it and I have since replaced the full exhaust and the filter.
I haven't experienced any fuel cuts as yet but I will check to see if the restrictor is still in place.

Cheers,
....Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm running a 6 GSR with Induction and HKS SuperDragger (this increased boost). But Ralliart returned it back to 'normal' until I do the bottom end bolts. on warm dry days it boosts to 0.95/1.00 bar holding , on a recent cold damp misty morning it ran to 1.1 holding.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bulldog,
this mod is much spoken about...you will find loads of threads on it...general op is that it gives fuel cut off, but it seems to effect others in different ways...suppose the only way to find out is to try it..if it cuts then replace it. (check first with others in the know if any more damage can be caused?)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts