Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi i have a eco 7 gsr i fitted a hks filter to it, it has a 2.5 inch downpipe and a 3 inch de-cat and 3 inch back, When i put my foot on the floor and it comes on boost it chucks me through the screen then comes back on boost and does the same again, more in third, forth and fifth, any soluton please:frust:

If i half throttle it, it fine

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
you've changed the way the car breaths and it is now hitting the boost/fuel cut. (so no major problem with car)

you will either need to turn the boost down or get a remap.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you've changed the way the car breaths and it is now hitting the boost/fuel cut. (so no major problem with car)

you will either need to turn the boost down or get a remap.
Hi mate it seem to got worst now when i plant it in second gear it gets to 3500rpm then splutters then launches at about 6500 rpm

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
you can run it just dont go mad giving it the heavy right foot or it will end in tears.
EVONUT what will it do or what can i do to fix it, can i put my foot down if put the standard box back on and it works fine again, i really got no idea about evos am new to them

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
try the standard airbox back on.

loads ecu sees wont be as high.........maybe enough to cure fuel cut.

if not as said above, just dont plant the throttle till its sorted (it will still be quick)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
try the standard airbox back on.

loads ecu sees wont be as high.........maybe enough to cure fuel cut.

if not as said above, just dont plant the throttle till its sorted (it will still be quick)
I have parked it up now but only put the filter on yesterday and have been planting it, would i have done any damage, what damage can it cause,

What do you mean by LOADS OF ECU WONT BE AS HIGH......MAYBE ENOUGH TO CURE FUEL CUT

Sorry to be a pain dont no a lot

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
very much doubt that you have caused any harm
(probably every evo driver on here has hit fuel cut before now)

by fitting the induction kit you have altered the way the ecu 'reads' the airflow (pushing it closer to the fuel cut limit) and also by decating and changing the exhaust the boost has increased a bit......so these combined together are why you are 'cutting'.

like I said try the std airbox back on *****il mapped) as this might cure it.

use a aftermarket boost controller to lower boost.

get a remap of the ecu.

....the car is fine to drive as it is but just try and avoid the fuel cut by not pinning it quite so much.

With changing parts like this you should have the car checked over for fuelling and detonation (for engine safety) - which will be checked when/if you get it remapped anyway.

hope this helps

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
As others have said, refit the standard airbox this should stop the boost cut. Changing the filter type effects the characteristics of air flow through the MAF.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As others have said, refit the standard airbox this should stop the boost cut. Changing the filter type effects the characteristics of air flow through the MAF.
Thanks everyone for your help will try it later and see how it goes

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Boost Issue

Hi there fitted my car back to standard today still have the same problem, please help:frust::frust::frust:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Wot a nitemare boost cut is, drives u mad! I was having the same problem as u a while ago. Due to mods I had done it raised my boost to just over 1.3bar, was getting boost cut all the time even more when it was cold. As stated above the only way to stop this from happening is to either lower the boost or get the car remapped. I also tried putting the standard airbox back on and it made no real difference boost was still to high! I eventually bought a Dawes manuel boost controller, not the best but did the trick. Lowered the boost to 1.2bar and had no further problems. If u have the money get it remapped, best option as u can then up ure boost. Ive got an evo 7 ecu fitted and remapped in my 6. Now running 1.6bar with no issues. Hope this helps mate. Stu

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Boost Issue

Is it true that if i put fairy liquid on my acuator and it bubbles when it runing
it means its nakered

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
If you put the fairy liquid anywhere near where air can escape then yes.

Your first port of call shoul dbe to check your actuator. I had an issue with mine on my VII and it turned out to be the diaphragm had a gone away as it were.

Easiest way to check the actuator with it on the car is to attach a length of vac hose to the actuator nipple (you'll probably need to remove the undertray and the vac feed from the boost solenoid). Put a foot pump or hand pump on the other end and pump it until the actuator moves. If it moves, it will generally be OK. If it doesn't, either the rod is seized of the diaphragm has had it. If it's the latter, you will hear air escape everytime to pump it.

Either way, it will need replacing. You should replace it with an actuator from an VIII or VIII MR as these have the 'top hat' that reduces the likely hood of water ingress.

Paul
Is it true that if i put fairy liquid on my acuator and it bubbles when it runing
it means its nakered

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Boost Issue

What do you recommend i should do then buy a new acuator or can you replace the diaphram,

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
i would get some one to give it a good looking over to be on the safe side you don't want to spend money on something you think is wrong and it still be the same after you have spent all you cash

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.