Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently bought an evo6 TME and I am currently looking for a
boost gauge. In fact I am looking for a genuine MITSUBISHI boost gauge.

I have asked ralliart UK and they quote me a price greater than £400. Are
they crazy or what ?

£400 for a boost gauge ? I was so ####ed that I didn't even asked them if
the price included fitting.

If you have any idea where I can find a genuine, sensibly piced MITSUBISHI
boost gauge please pass me the details (used ones also).

Regards,

Alex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, why? You can get a very nice one matching the speedometer colours from TDI www.tdi-plc.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Ralliart (Electronic) boost gauge as does Rock and a Hard Place , neither of us are impressed with its accuracy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to my local mitsi dealer to ask about a boost gauge for my e6 gsr and the service manager told me he would fit a genuine mitsi gauge (different to ralliart )to my car but he would advice against it as they are very inacurate (espcially for the price)

i am now thinking of fitting a hks guage simply because it is the only gauge i know of that comes with a blue face to match the e6 dash ( plus i belive hks is good quality )

£400 seams to be about the price i was told for the ralliart guage this price included the carbon mounting pod which costs around £250 by its self.

does any one know where i can get a pillar mounting pod that can exept a 60 mm guage in it ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

I am simply looking for a MITSUBISHI boost gauge in hope that
it will have the matching colours, fit nicely and include fitment
instructions.

I was hoping for a boost gauge that can mount on top of the steering
wheel column as I don't want to put it anywhere in the centre console.

There is a nice HKS boost gauge matching eactly the colours of the dash
(Black - orange/amber) but does it come as a kit and where is it mounted.
And then comes the big question: How easy is it to fit those gauges ?

Regards,

Alex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK , forget the genuine Mits boost guage , that price is obscene , also it's probably a tacky 5 quid gauge about as accurate as Tony B###r.
The HKS guage is expensive but GOOD , it's backlit with an illuminated pointer , accurate , well made and reads well. Install it with the Co-ordsport Carbon dashtop pod (80 odd quid I think) which mounts top right of dash instrument housing , so about 2 o'clock looking at the steering wheel. This position is easy to read and looks fine.

Use high strength black silicone sealer to mount the dash pod to the dash , I have used this method and it doesn't move until u want to move it , also the silicone is re-movable from the dash without leaving a mark.

The tube for the boost guage is fed thru the main wiring harness bulkhead grommet which can be accessed after removing the wheel arch liner from the offside front wheel.

The wires for guage illumination need to be connected to a switched lighting source , I used my rear foglight switch , which is switched by the main light switch.

If u need more detailed instructions email me , or I cud fit it for u in about 4 hours but u wud have to visit my workshop near Birmingham.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I was in the market again I would buy the HKS item. As Howard said the Mitsi item is not accurate and thus should be discarded from your want list!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am going for Defi boost gauge kit and it should be arriving soon from Japan. The advantage of the Defi gauge set up is that it is electronic (no long capilary) and it has advanced features such as peak boost (just shows the max boost achieved) and it can record and playback your boost over a period of time. Other Defi gauges can be added to the main control module allowing for a complete playback of everything under the sun! The prices are extremely reasonable too!
£139 |PLS| £10 courier for the kit which includes the control module, all wiring, the gauge and a mounting pod.

Check out http://www.defi-shop.com/defilink/otdflink/otdflink/otdffrm.html for FULL details on the gauges.

Have a 'search' in this forum for 'Defi' and you will dig up the old group buy offer. Contact Craig Hardman for details at [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HH6, Thats a damn good price! I only know of Nitosport selling the gauges in the UK and thier price is (shall we say) a little high. Let us know how you get on, 'cos for that price I could be interested too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Howard/HH6

Could the gauge be a straight swop onto the Mitsi mounting I have on my indicator pod/housing? If not then I would have to replace the top half of the pod after removing the Mitsubishi gauge (unsightly holes).

PS. Just noticed the the IP address is showing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congratulations Jerry you have just noticed that you are a Moderator!
You should also notice the extra button at the top of each posting http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/wink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Check out the link in my previous posting above and scroll down when it opens. The complete dimensions of the 3 sizes of gauges (52mm, 60mm and 115mm) are shown.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers Heev,

Problem was I didn't think I was initially, you know the two accounts thing after the bb crashes in the past. Dom had obviously put the moderator setting on the little used account. Noticed Howard and amp; yourself live and then looked at the Menmbers List . I then consequebtlky switched to the little used account. Hope that explains the dum reaction.

See Ya!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys,

I am convinced, I am not looking for a mitsi boost gauge anymore.
I found a nice HKS gauge matching pefrectly the colours of my dash.

Being a Scooby owner as well (please don't kick me, don't kick me I said,
I am having the car for sale) I got into the habbit of liking the original
impreza's boost gauge as it is mounted on the top of the steering wheel
(using a special mounting pod).

Is there anything similar for the mitsi.

Thank you for your replies and the great help already.

Regards,

Alex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
By steering wheel I presume u mean steering column ?
In that location it wud obscure the instrument panel and wud be more difficult to flash read.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, I meant the steering column.

It shouldn't obscure the instrument pannel, not if the gauge is small enough, in a small pod
and mounted at the right place.

The subaru impreza has such a boost gauge (original subaru gauge which is quite small) and it
looks real nice. It doesn't obscure the instrument pannel at all in the full range of the steering
column positions.

I would use that gauge in the mitsi but it only comes in one colour scheme (white face with green dials).
Is there anything similar (egven a mounting pod for the steering wheel column) for evo6 ?

Regards,

Alex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The HKS guage is about 70 mm O.D. , that in any pod fitted on top of the steering column wud obscure the other instruments , Just to be sure I checked my car for u (I have the HKS guage)
Trust me , the best position is where I originally advised , originally I wanted to position it lower down in the centre console etc , but after experimenting the upper left dash location is best

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a 2 Omori gauge mounted on top of my steering column, got the car like that and expected to relocate it. However I quickly got used to it and now miss it if I'm driving any other car (even N/A!) even though I don't often consciously look at it.

[IMG]http://213.121.122.52/interior_t.jpg[/IMG] Click for bigger image

BTW, the camera angle is a bit misleading, you can see the speedo markings when driving! I have seen an A'PEXi (I think) unit that is only about 1.5 and would look superb in this position with a smaller mount, I might even be able to see the odo without getting a crick in my neck then!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just check out following link:

http://www.gtoevolution.ch/mano_evo6.jpg

This one is IMHO pretty perfect. Don't know if it's available for RHD.

It's available from GTOEvolution. Don't know the price if it's for interested for someone let me know and I can check that.

Cheers

Mike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts