Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to help a mate who has an evo 7 gsr. The problem is if you floor it from low revs as the load/boast comes on it has sudden lack of power then picks up & feels a bit rough. I've logged it & when this happens the injectors close & the timming gets pulled. Its stock apart from a filter walbro & decat. Could it be the solonoid playing up??

Any help would be apprieciated.. I'm having another look later today..

Cheers

Jon

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
What does the AFR do at this point? Boost cut is like hitting a wall. Can you post a copy of the data log?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cheers gray,

I got a spare 8 gsr solonoid to try on it. Is it the same part...?

Just pulled the solonoid of & the 2 pipes where the wrong way around compared to mine, I don't think this maters though..
Taken filter and maf sensor off & there is ALOT of oily deposits & going down the rubber tube to the turbo... Dear me whats happend here??

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Boost is the same about 1.3bar didn't want to go any leaner for safety sake. Want to do a few more logs to make sure we don't goof up. Putting a boost controller on next weekend..... watch this space:thumbup:

Jon

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
Looks like a nice clean run and the W/B is not far out from the AFR map, I would lean it up a bit tho to around 11 from 5k upwards.

Lee

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
there was loads of oily gunge on the maf, I can only assume it all came from the breather on the cam cover venting into the pipe joining the tuby & maf, surely this isn,t normal! lee once boost controller is on I want to sort the afrs i'll be posting up the maps & loggs I look forward to any comments.

Cheers
Jon

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Log looks ok, can you also log octane flag also, need to see if this is at 100%.
You can loose 1 AFR point from around 5500 upwards, I suspect the boost is bropping off after 5500 rpm, to it see's a richer points in the fuel maps.

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
The oil and gunk is normal, some get it worse than others. You can fit a baffled catch can to stop this if required.

there was loads of oily gunge on the maf, I can only assume it all came from the breather on the cam cover venting into the pipe joining the tuby & maf, surely this isn,t normal! lee once boost controller is on I want to sort the afrs i'll be posting up the maps & loggs I look forward to any comments.

Cheers
Jon

1 - 20 of 24 Posts