Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can anyone help with the standard boost level for an evo3?and how much differant between bar and KGcm? how many evo3's were produced?what grade and brand of oil for evo3?cheers blair.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am trying to answer your questions...

Standard EVO3 boost should be around 0.7-0.75 bar(I think ) , and the measurement of BAR |EQU| KG/CM2 -(CM square)

Officially only 5000 has been built.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not strictly true about bar|EQU|kgf/cm2 but it is as near as dammit. kgf/cm2 is slightly less than bar...roughly 98%. With small numbers it makes no difference.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 bar is exactly 1.019716213 kg/cm2. Stock boost on my Evo I was about 0.85 kg/cm2 so stock boost on an Evo III should be at least that much. I really don't think it matters which brand of oil you use, just use a synthetic,the grade is more important. I usually run 5W 40. I was told Mitsubishi recommend 10W 30, but do not know for sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys, I knew bar and kg/cm was similar but not simialar. Isould have it on the road within 10days, iwill let u all know how it goes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Original Post:Standard EVO3 boost should be around 0.7-0.75 bar(I think )
I think the 3 actually ran slightly less boost than the 1 and amp; 2, the extra power being liberated by use of a higher compression ratio.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts