Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at boost controllers and fuel controllers along with an uprated fuel pump.
According to some reports fitting these three items will bring BHP up to around the 330-350 mark.
Sort of stage 2 moddification.
The question is ,is there a real difference between the position being OFF and then the 2 phase boost controlled ?.Apexi seems to be the best.
At the moment I am running about 1.1 bar peak boost levelling at 1 [Prefer PSI as its a finer measurement]
16-18 psi.
My car isnt slow compared to some E6s with 320 brake infact in some cases quicker.
How ever If it won't shave half to a second off of a quarter mile sprint then it may be a waste of money .
I'm not a gadget man so weighing up the benifits is important its got to give a significant gain and not just to say I have a boost controller.
Also if the battery is disconnected will it reset itself through its memory? me and electrics don't get on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re:Boost controllers

Shorty

I can tell you running 1.1or 1.4 bars makes a huge difference i feel; not sure if this is also seen in performance, though. There must be an increase, like half a second for a quarter mile, but not much more. However, it feels like a lot faster!

Take care

Katsuo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
with my blitz in the 0 position with wastegate opens at about 0.7 which is a bit lower than stock boost with the restrictor, which is fine for around town, crank it up to position 4, and it will hold anything you want it set at, mine is at 1.4.

the difference is unbelievable, i dont have times, but i didnt think it would make as much difference as it does, it feels like you just keep boosting.....

for sprint runs, you would probably get away with just a change in restrictor to up it to 1.4-1.5 (this is what i had before the boost controller), does the job, but is a bit all over the place, boost rises and fulls very quickly

the fuel computer and pump are to avoid the fuel cut, i have a sports ecu, so doesnt matter

if you are coming to ralliart, i will take you for a spin
lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Blew my socks of, got just the apexi boost controller and it increased it about .3 of a bar. This is on a 1800RS standard 0-60 7.2 I got down to 5.65 at tracks. On rolling road 205bhp (190) and 225lbft (205 not sure) () |EQU| standard.
It is over fueling and so next thing is fuel pump and controller. i want at least 250. Dissapointed with results from rolling road though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re:Boost controllers how much of a difference?

Shorty

Go for it - I'm sure you'll not be disappointed!

Al

You got 205/225 after the Apexi was fitted? My car with just 'zorst and needing plugs etc. got 200/220 - you sure it's working OK or do you think the fuelling issue was dragging it down?

Seriously been thinking about the psv/bleed setup like Sam Elessar has on his VII, reading up on them it looks to be the ideal setup for a tightarse like me :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re:Boost controllers how much of a feel

Lee can I come and play too please :)

I'm thinking of getting the avrc and then the FC

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Lee not going to Ralliart but will be at Cadwell in march,will blag a few rides if I can just to see major differences.
Guys thanks for the replies ,just removing the gromet on my car has an effect and thats about .1 bar or so 2 -3psi.so if I can raise the boost to 1.2 held then that would be great.
would uprate fuel pump to either an E6 or alternative as apparently fuel delivery for the E4 is about 150 litres an hour compared with the 250 the E6 pump delivers..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts