Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an HKS EVC IV which I took out of my scooby and wondered if anyone had any opinions as to whether it's worth fitting without an ecu upgrade or add on? I will be getting that done after Xmas but as it's sat in my garage collecting dust and I haven't got a boost gauge in the car should I get it done now?

Basically would there be any advantage, could I raise the boost a little and be safe or get it to hold a steadier boost throughout the rev range.
The only other mod the car has got is a Magnex Turbo back exhaust.
I'd be grateful for any opinions
Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rosco,

If you want to raise the boost, a boost controller is probably the best way to go about it. It essentially work the same way as a bleed valve albeit electronically controlled. The main advantage of the EVC is that it reacts v. quickly and has fuzzy logic control which learns the boost curve of your car. There are also hi and lo settings for those sedate and crazy moments !!

It should hold boost nice and steady prevent any major spikes in boost , since you've already got one, you've just saved yourself £500 !!! The best way to control boost would be through a fully mappable ECU but then you are looking at £thousands instead of £hundreds.

The main thing to check out though is that the car doesn't detonate while running higher boost. Any reputable tuner should be able to set this up for you while using headphones to listen for detonation.

Good luck

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Si
I'll give Power Engineering a ring in the morning to see if they can do it next Friday as I'm over the mainland then.
Unless of course you can recommend anyone else that's near Birmingham or Donnington as I'm doing a track day there on Saturday!

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or you could try RC Developments if you're around Donington. They are in Warringotn and about 1hr drive from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts