Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Apexi AVCR is considered the 'Daddy' with more features and better control but also considered a bitch to set up correctly to make use of all those features.

Blitz is apparently considered very good at doing what it is supposed to, and supposedly easy to configure.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weebl said:
Apexi AVCR is considered the 'Daddy' with more features and better control but also considered a bitch to set up correctly to make use of all those features.

Blitz is apparently considered very good at doing what it is supposed to, and supposedly easy to configure.
Thanks for the speedy reply Weebl... difficult decision isn't it. Seeing as though I won't be setting it up myself I might go for the Apexi ;)

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
my 2 faves :)

the apexi is good for features and is a great controller when set up right!!!!

the blitz is dead easy to install, set up, easier to switch between the (more than the apexi) boost settings. it also has an overboost function whereby you can set it to back boost off if it overshoots which you cant do on the apexi unfortunately.

it all depends on the level of tune you want from the car. i switched from the blitz to the apexi purely because of its technical abilities such as in gear boost, rpm based boost, etc.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Rich... I am now undecided though! I am only planning to get around 340-350 bhp using the Ralliart Sport ECU and Walbro pump. I wont be setting it up myself but do what to be able to switch between high and lower boost settings. Am i right in assuming that once setup there will be little need to tweak it?

Ahhh... help me with my descision! Cheers guys.. :D

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
it also has an overboost function whereby you can set it to back boost off if it overshoots which you cant do on the apexi unfortunately.
sorry Rich, but the comment on the apexi is not quite true as the overboost is controled through the "start Duty % " which fully controls the amount of overboost allowed from the "Target boost"

If set up right and boost overshoots your upper limit with a 0% start duty, then the rest of the set-up is incorrect (check F/B speed) or there is a fault with the actuator !.

Jonny if you are looking for plug n' play parts (nothing wrong in that) like the Ralliart ecu etc. and your choice is between those 2 controlers then the blitz will do everything you will want of it, if your looking to tweak the boost to match rpm range and extract the max out a controler then go for the apexi.

Ash

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Ash, agreed matey, although it wont compensate for different temp conditions will it? I know the likes of the blitz doesnt either, but it is nice to have that safety feature for when conditions are really cool.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Rich I agree on the temp issue and only way to allow for it is to use the boost controlers in the M800 motec or in the new GEMS (if ready yet ?) as both these run with the air temp sensor.

still the apexi is hard unit to beat if your after true control as the solenoid quality is second to none and far better than the stock mitsi unit, agreed there can be a tad hard to set up but that in main comes down to the lack of experience of a lot of tuners in fitting them & mapping, it's certainly not what you would call a plug N' Play unit :D

Ash

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
If you run the Blitz in auto mode rather than manual then it does alter the performance depending on temp. Not a true temp compensation but if it senses itself going over it's target boost then the next time you floor it, it chops the duty cycle back a bit.

Andy

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
ashleyy said:
Rich I agree on the temp issue and only way to allow for it is to use the boost controlers in the M800 motec or in the new GEMS (if ready yet ?) as both these run with the air temp sensor.

still the apexi is hard unit to beat if your after true control as the solenoid quality is second to none and far better than the stock mitsi unit, agreed there can be a tad hard to set up but that in main comes down to the lack of experience of a lot of tuners in fitting them & mapping, it's certainly not what you would call a plug N' Play unit :D

Ash
agreed, the apexi is the nuts, and you certainly need to know the right way to set it up :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts