Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this may be a stupid question....... The big Vents in the Bonnet of my E7 has a a big metal grill behind it, I have had a look at the E8 and it lacks this metal Grill on the underside of the vents so you can see straight throug hto the engine bay.

Will any harm come to my car if I remove the metal grill from the underside of the bonnet/Main vent ?

I can't hlp but feel that this grill can't be doing anythign for the engine and it would stay much cooler with out it and with anyluck cure some of the heat soak that the car suffers having an induction kit.

Any help much appreciated

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Stealth69 said:
OK this may be a stupid question....... The big Vents in the Bonnet of my E7 has a a big metal grill behind it, I have had a look at the E8 and it lacks this metal Grill on the underside of the vents so you can see straight throug hto the engine bay.

Will any harm come to my car if I remove the metal grill from the underside of the bonnet/Main vent ?

I can't hlp but feel that this grill can't be doing anythign for the engine and it would stay much cooler with out it and with anyluck cure some of the heat soak that the car suffers having an induction kit.

Any help much appreciated
mate i took mines out its to prevent rain rusting your engine me things and it helps it run away from the bay

rallyboys dont have it on their bonnets either

i took mines off after seeing evo400's car at cadwell without it a few yrs back, i thought it looked good seeing the engine bay through the vents

·
Registered
186 Posts
Stealth69 said:

My stock Evo VIII has this metal grill and it's black.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts