·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Scratch Black Knight sold the beast and working on saturday,

Should be able to send up 5 or 6 cars from brighton for the day though

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Attn Simon (goes even more sideways now he has a rear wheel drive supercharged beast!)
any chance of getting some MLR stickers, or printing out a sheet with owners log on names to lay on dashboard for example, to help new members/ visitors from north on M25etc, to get to know others.
Last year we had to wait for pictures to be published before every one owned up to whose car was there!
Si, whens the next Watford burn up, go tonight?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the police will be attending this but I can't find where I read it, does anyone know?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If they are in attendance, serious crime will go through the roof saturday as they focus all their resources on tax discs and amp; bald tyres:D

the police equation for this is C|PLS|D |EQU| E.P |PLS| WDHTCPC.

(CAR|PLS|DRIVER |EQU| EASY PICKINGS |PLS| WE DONT HAVE TO CATCH PROPER CRIMINALS) http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Make sure your tax is in date and amp; your tyres are healthy [img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Japracer and Ryan,

The police will know about the meeting because of the numbers (now over 265 cars). However, they will not be attending the meet as far as I know, they will just pass through from time to time to make sure no-one is misbehaving. Also, after all the fly-by's that happened last time, anyone doing silly things with their car will be asked to leave.

Splodge,

As sideways as ever !! I get much more angle than I could with the Evo, but it is a lower speeds which is nice and controllable, also, u-turns are now no longer a problem !! As for the MLR sticker thing, howabout a white, erasable marker pen, just write your user name in the rear side window or bottom of the windscreen. When I had my GTiR we would get 50 odd cars turning up at meets and the club founder would bring the marker with him. Its a good way to find out who's who. The marker wipes off really easily.

Also, updated attendance list:

Me
LeeLegend
Andy_RSX
Yellow 5
Ryan
Geffers
Ants Evo
mjp
Djack
blaze
Croz
Aidy
Night Kids
ManicStreetEvo
Phil
mazyb
japracer
Splodge
Red Snapper
Jackal
Darwin6
Super Evo4
Duffman
5 or 6 Evo's from Brighton courtesy of Black Knight.

Cheers

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
If the police do attend then I do not think you will have too many concerns.....
I work locally to Bolney and from my experience the local traffic police are ok. A few of them are car enthusiasts themselves, and really like my own car. If anything they will probably pop up to see all the motors! So long as there isnt any stupid tearing up and down (cos there will simply not be the space), then all will be fine!

Not long now ay :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Damn It!

I am gutted I can't go this!

It clashes with my m8's stag nyte.

I will have 2 c most of u guys/gals at the Nottingham meet instead.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hopefully me too: Silver TME with brand new tyres :)

BTW what time is everybody planning on actually turning up? Finding a parking space sounds as though it'll be a challenge!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Menthal, I was told that the car-park doesnt open until 11.30am, so I dont think turning up earlier is gonna be much help. Im gonna be getting there at 11 ish though, just incase. What is everyone else doing? http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

One thing is for sure, the landlord is gonna be minted after this!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Meet starts at 11.30am, directions are as follows......

From M25 head onto M23 towards Brighton, follow onto the A23 towards Brighton again. Follow this until you see a sign for Handcross and I believe it is the next turnoff but it is signposted BOLNEY VILLAGE and is after the Texaco garage which will be on your right as you head down. Come off there and head OVER the flyover crossing the dual carriageway into Bolney and it is down that road on the left. :)

Hope u can make it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
If you can make it meet up at Mimms at 9:30 the drive down should be lots of fun :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Where's Mimms are how far from London is Mimms and Bolney? Sorry, never been to these places b4 ... heh :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
JSpeed,

South Mimms is a service station situated North of the M25, It is accessible from both sides of the motorway.
Not sure which juntion it is, but I think it's the junction for the A1(M) someone correct me if i'm wrong!!!
Bolney Village is near Gatwick Airport.
Hope this is of some help!
See you there:)http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/laugh1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
my advice from last year:

stay out of the car park, u will get blocked in for sure.
verges are low and easy to park on.

it would be good to get all the evo's together.

last year we all upped sticks and blasted off for a McDonalds half way through the day.

my mobile number for the day: 07889 423587

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
LEE

IS THAT MOBILE NUMBER AVAILABLE FOR LOCOST ADULT CHAT?
COULD SAVE ME A FORTUNE:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
LEE - are you lot stopping halfway at all ... i could meet you in a garage near the M3, M4 exits or something ? WOuld be good to meet up. I cant make mimms for 9.30

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
rich, we are going east on the M25 (over dartford bridge), so are not touching the M4 side....
can u get to clacketts as we are stopping there??
go on, do mimms u know u wanna :)

lee

9 o'clock tonight, for a pre-meet meet :), and 9.30 mimms tommorrow, it is gonna be a cooking weekend (better check my oil and tyres :))

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.