Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have just had a chat with the manageress at the Bolney Stage pub .... and I've just arranged for the Bolney JapUK Meet at Bolney for Saturday 23rd April.

They HAD put us in for the 24th simply because someone had been in the pub a while ago and said they'd seen something about the 24th on their forum (they must have been reading an old thread because Bolney was on the 24th last year). The pub had put it in their diaries even though they've never heard from anyone since.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, they are going to put Saturday 23rd April in their dairy for us. They are not sure whether they will be closing the pub to the public so that it's just available for us (she needs to check with her boss), but, either way, we are welcome. I've told her that in previous years we've hit around 1000 cars (so to expect up to around 3000 people). She has taken some advise from one of her staff - who used to work for the old owners.

This meet will be a bit back-to-basics - as we've no time to get anything major sorted ... so the car park will not be reserved for particular cars ... it'll be a case of "if there's some space, park in it" ... I'm still hoping that we get a good mix of cars in there - and that 1 club doesn't turn up early and take over the whole car park - because in my eyes, 1 marque of car in the carpark will be very boring.

So, there we go, Bolney is ON !

Daz

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers fella's. Glad it's all sorted now.

For those that have never been before, the postcode for the meet / Bolney Stage is RH17 5RL - so you can use mutli-map or something to sort you some directions.

Daz

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Good Stuff M8 ! :beerchug:

Mike i am working till 12.00 so shall we do a convoy from Boxhill @ around 13.00 pm ( Taking the backroads this time ;) ) !!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
N E 1 heading up from Worthing giv us a shout and can convoy if u like and take a few twisties? :D

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Toby from Dorking i think we take the A24 which is heading to Worthing so def we can hook up on the way ! :D

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Extremist said:
Toby from Dorking i think we take the A24 which is heading to Worthing so def we can hook up on the way ! :D
:smthumbup

Can sort a where and when bit closer the time and hey presto a Reims in the convoy!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Will be up for this!

Havent been along before so would be up for meeting somewhere first?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Dave u could join some of us at Boxhill before hand !

I will keep u posted on whats going on

Just be prepared for a RAPID jaunt to Bolney !! :D

Chris

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Extremist said:
Dave u could join some of us at Boxhill before hand !

I will keep u posted on whats going on

Just be prepared for a RAPID jaunt to Bolney !! :D

Chris
Think thats where i'll meet up too.

Kinda takes me further to Boxhill than to Bolney but i like a gud blast :coolsm: so is definately worth it :D

Just let me know a time u'll all be there.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
SUSSEX REIMS said:
Think thats where i'll meet up too.

Kinda takes me further to Boxhill than to Bolney but i like a gud blast :coolsm: so is definately worth it :D

Just let me know a time u'll all be there.
Same situation for me I think, being in Farnborough!

Ill make sure I have some directions as the pace sounds a bit daunting! :blush: :crackup:

Chris, give me a shout nearer the time! :smthumbup

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Well the pace to Lydden was pretty quick so I am not sure the twisties will be as quick but hey I am up for it! Probably Let Mike do the organisation bits and tag along!

I nominate Mike to organise the Purley/Sutton/Croydon Pose

:D

·
Modulator
6,146 Posts
h0bbsie said:
Well the pace to Lydden was pretty quick so I am not sure the twisties will be as quick but hey I am up for it! Probably Let Mike do the organisation bits and tag along!

I nominate Mike to organise the Purley/Sutton/Croydon Pose

:D
Hi , after talking to lee5 on monday , they (the kent members)
are going to arrange to go there in convoy, and have asked if we would tag along .
With extremist wanting to meet at boxhill we will have to sort out
something to keep all parties happy, so will arrange with all
concerned and so will keep you posted .

mike .

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I think we should try to meet at around 12.30 @ Boxhill then should be at Bolney by around 13.15 :D

Keep an eye on this thread and as Mike sais we should all know who's meeting where nearer the time ! :coolsm:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts