Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 50,000 miles in my old E4 the front bumper, especially the splitter, looked like it has been shotblasted and I can already see my E6 starting to go the same way. First thing I want to do is get the stone chips sprayed (there's too many for the likes of Chips Away) and then the bumper Stone Guarded. Can anyone recommend a decent body shop in Berkshire, preferably Reading, to sort the paint work? Any of the Massive have any ideas, I'm sure some of you have had the odd 'incident' ;). Col Smith, I know you were looking a while back, did you manage to find anyone?

The other thing that looked bad on my old car was the wire mesh in the front bumper where the black paint had come of. I want to replace this with a stanless steel mesh, perhaps with a slightly smaller mesh to help protect the intercooler better as long as it doesn't start to restrict the airflow. Co-Ordsport want GBP190 for their's, which is taking the p*** for 3 bits of wire mesh. Has anyone experimented making their own, it would cost next to nothing for the mesh? I might give it a go and see how it turns out.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dave.....
Behind the Mitsu garage in Winnersh is a bodyshop,I can`t remember what they are called but they did a good job on a large scratch on my bumper(e6).They are not anything to do with the Mitsu garage but they have plenty of experience working on them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave about the wire mesh, I have 3 or 4 sheets of mesh, its stainless steal and not in a typical mesh form its more like lots of little holes so it looks like OOOOOOOOOOOOO u know but all over, I aint put em on yet but when i do will look very mean i think.. U can buy this type of stuff from DemonTweaks at around £25 per sheet..

Chris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts