Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know who you where but your motor sounded peachy. Sorry I couldn't play, still running in and I don't want to go over 4000 rpm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That was me.

Sorry not to hang about to say hi, I was in a bit of a hurry as you could probably tell.

The sound is the straight through Hayward and Scott http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

love the sound of it myself I have to say.

I like those wheels of yours.

Anybody know what they are ? (same ones as in the EVO article on the extreme )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reason that they look the same as the ones on the Extreme is that my car is an Extreme!!! I believe the wheels are made by Wheel Dynamics and cost an arm and a leg. However, you would not believe how light they are.

My car also has a H and amp;S exhaust. So that's what it sounds like. Must be careful late at night, don't want to wake the whole street :D

If you live in the area, I am sure I will see you around.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know yours is an extreme, but I thought those wheels were an optional extra ?.

I also saw the price you quoted for them elsewhere on here (OUCH)

I'm slightly west of you but not so far I guess

I always wondered what mine sounds like as it goes by

Not sure I trust anybody enough to find out http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Its only really loud when your right foot is buried in the carpet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wheels are standard! I suspect that Ralliart did a good deal, buying sets for 10 Extremes.

I can only say that you would not be disappointed buy the sound of your car. It certainly suprised me and as I have said in another section, it can only just be legal. On a lesser car ( tuned astra van :D !!) it would be silly but having the grunt to back it up, its the business. Don't blame you not wanting the somebody else to drive it, especially with you outside it. I will have to blast past you at soem point so you can get some idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts