Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are off to the Nurburgring this weekend and, despite the 5+ track days I have done in the Evo since last year, seeing the posts from Spa about a couple of hoses popping out has got me thinking...

In the Evo, if a hose pops out, are they all easy to see or are there some connections where you can only get to them if you are under the car?

Also, I am presuming they are easy to refit? Just unscrew the tightening band, loop the hose end back on to the connecting pipe then retighten with a screwdriver?

Any help appreciated, just trying to make sure I can cater for most "diy" replairs/eventualities.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
To fully cater, take a spare set of various size jubilee clip with you, if a hose blows, change the clip and tighten it with a socket.

Most hoses are reasonable easy to get to, you do need to be under the car to get at some of them though.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
the best way to stop hose's blowing of is to make sure the hose and pipe is complete clean . that means wiping with some good degreaser and cleaning until they are spotless . this way there is no lubrication for the hoses to slip and slide on . also clamps can be replace with SUPER CLAMPS . theses you can get from any good engineering supplys or people like cromwell mail order .

hope this helps

dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts