Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying an a/market blow off valve. I saw a thread about this a while back but can't find it (although I didn't look that hard)!

Does an aftermarket BOV just make a noise, or does it do anything else?

Which is the best go for and why? I really only want it make a sexy noise (I know I'm a sad child).

Can I fit it myself (I haven't got a manual)? If so, how?

Any suggestions appreciated

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BOVS are usually there to eliminate back pressure in the intake system....making that lovely WRC sounding woooshh.
If you do fit one malke sure you choose an appropriate one as I remember people complaining of a few problems with non-recirculating ones.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pondy,

I use the HKS Sequential BOV (VTA type) and experience no idle problems others been talking about, but it is important to have it setup right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do you set it up properly, I know you can control the level of boost rquired to release boost through the high release boost diaghram (IE makes that great noise). But a part from that what else is there as I carnt see adjusting the nut on the back making any difference to leakage.

I say this as I am now suffering from uneven revs. Have had the HKS Sequential BOV (VTA type) on for 6 months no problems, then changed the plugs and put on a boost controller and now have uneven revs, dont know if its due to the BOV or something else, been told not worry about it.

However been told not to use BOV ever as there no good for the engine, infact may take mine of and replace with a circulation one in the future. Have the HKS airfilter so should still be able to hear it. Cars which run over 350BHP still use standard dumps. Would be interested if by replacing it would stop uneven revs.

Look forward to other peoples opinons (know yours already Evoboy:))

Cheers
Al
PS I know this has been done to death before so not bothered if no one wants to do this thread

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fitted a Turbosmart Type 2 BOV (VTA) to my GSR about 8 months ago and have never had any problems
sounds bloody good to

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to ask why bother changing the standard BOV for an aftermarket product? If it aint broke.......................

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rock,

For the noise! I know I'm a child!

Also went into Motorworld after seeing your post. The W plate 6 is a right state, stone chips everywhere, paint peeling off wheels, scuffed wheels, brake dust ground into rear wheels. For 23K (that's the lowest they would go), rip off, even with 12 months red zebra. They want 30k for the rs2 and about 400k for the Mak. Good old main dealers!

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pony

I'll take the bait (I thought about the RS2 better go for a RSX)

RS2 - £24250.

Mak - £3k off |EQU| around £29,500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts