Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have changed your blow-off valve for an after market one, have you noticed any improvement in response from your car, i.e. reduced liag time when cahnging gears? or is just all noise and nothing more?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wreckleford,

I have a HKS Super Sequential blow off valve on my EVO 5 and have noticed a slight difference from a standard EVO 5. Mine came with the valve fitted so the difference might just be the cars. I plan to fit an exhaust (standard at the moment) at some point in the near future so maybe there would be a more noticable difference then. I'll keep you updated!!

If nothing else the noise is well worth it! I've seen some great double takes at bus stops!

regards

Dredd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wreckleford

I have fitted a SPEC-R dump valve to my EVO-6. For normal driving in town there is no real benefit, apart from the noise, which is not only is noticed by pedestrians, but also by Mr. Plod !!

There is also a drawback that if want to cruise on the motorway (contant feathering of the throttle) you may get an anoying constat chirp if you hover at the revs that the turbo start to cut in/out (approx 2700-2800 RPM on my car)

If you are interested in track days then I would say that the replacemnt is a MUST. With the amouunt of power that the evo has I defy anyone to 'notice' an addition 2 or 3 bhp. What you will notice is that the 'pick up' is much smoother when acelerating through the gears, and overall this will give you a faster lap.

Reagrds
Markja

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.