Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hopefully going to fit a blow of valve soon (If things go to plan).

What i have noticed is that the length of pipe which comes off the pipe from the intercooler to the engine is very long. Are you with me so far?
This brings me to think this is for a specific reason or that Mitsubishi just made it that long as the pipes are so far apart or;
The width of the pipe increases pressure to the dump valve as is long and thin and so air is forced up at a greater pressure to the rest of the system adding the Dump to Dump.
However it also made me think that it would increase turbo lag as the turbo has to fill an extra air space before it reaches the engine.

Should I run the new valve straight off the pipe from the intercooler or run it off the old long pipe.
I wasnt really listening during my physics lessons (or English).
Does anyone had any ideas!!!

Also how easy is it to make carbon fibre as i have access to a small furnace which will reach Temps over 1000oC, can i just buy the resin and carbon sheets from a shop and then mould it myself!!
Lots of questions, hope someone can help.
Thanks
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re:Blow of valves & Carbon fiber

Hey there...I'm not sure about the dump valve but I do know one thing...You cannot make carbon fiber by yourself!!! The processes involved require sheets of carbon fiber layed upon each other at specific fiber-thread angles. The layers are then bonded together using resin and cerful elimination of air bubbles and molded onto a pre constructed mould. Then the whole thing is placed under vacum to maximize surface contact between the layers and to eliminate any further trapped air. After this it is baked.

Unless you have access to a F1 body workshop, you are in trouble!!
What on earth would you want to make c.fiber for anyway???

K.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something to do really, fed up with bits of cheap plastic which costs 10p to make being sold for over £20 quid.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I understand what you are saying about the BOV location.

The standard one is fitted at the front of the engine bay with the long pipe (~5 cm diameter) which runs to the back of the engine bay and the little tube (~1 cm diameter) to the inlet manifold.

I’ve just fitted the HKS VTA BOV and the kit comes with a bung to block the opening in the pipe at the front of the engine bay, and an elbow pipe that allows you to fit the BOV into the pipe at the back of the engine bay.

One thing that seemed stupid to me was that the little tube (~1 cm diameter) had to be sized down (with the parts provided to 0.5 cm) Why didn’t they just make the little tube on the HKS BOV the same size as the original?

Cheers

Naunt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah its stupid as i just fitted my new valve and the thing came off the end of the hose when my girlfriend floored it. There's no ridge for the clamp to get behind.
Lucky i had my hand on it at the time. Put it on a again but this time tighted alot more.
Nasty accident flying dump valves, the desgin is really poor.
Was going to fit a HKS super high filter thing but Co-orsport gave me an Impreza one which of course dosnt fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have to wait to the Weekend for the new one.
Also when i was fitting the new Dump i broke the old one which is a bit of a shitter as well, so i have had a crap afternoon.

Cheers
Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts