Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed a blitz boost controller on my evo 8 and just want to know a few questions

1. on idel its always reading - 40ish and not at 0 like i think it should be
2. when its boosting it wont go above 0.82 bar even though the boost controller is set from 1.0bar to 1.4bar

do you think the boost controller in and out is the wrong way round ?

help me please as it feels really slow now:(

cheers bobby

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also what do you do with the stock boost controllers, i have left them connected to the wiring loom of the car and looped them out with a piece of rubber tube? is this correct

the blitz instructions are pretty poor really and are not very clear for setting up purposes.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
evo8mr_bobby said:
1. on idel its always reading - 40ish and not at 0 like i think it should be
It should be reading -40 or even more sometimes on idle as on idle you car produces vacume - when on boost you get the opposite ;) :)

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
evo8mr_bobby said:

2. when its boosting it wont go above 0.82 bar even though the boost controller is set from 1.0bar to 1.4bar
Where does the out pipe go to ?? Acutator ??

Also , are you using the auto setup feature ??.....

....if so DON'T !

You need to know what boost it was running before then adjust the numbers untill you get to the same boost as before.

Put the gian to about 10 when doing this

What car is this on ??

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
evo8mr_bobby said:
also what do you do with the stock boost controllers, i have left them connected to the wiring loom of the car and looped them out with a piece of rubber tube? is this correct
Yes, leave it plugged in, taped out of the way. I looped mine too - stops the crap getting in if you ever revert back to the std setup :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: blitz sbc id boost controller problems

TurboTom said:
It should be reading -40 or even more sometimes on idle as on idle you car produces vacume - when on boost you get the opposite ;) :)
ok cheers so that seems normal..

next question been having a read up about boost and standard boost solenoids etc, the standard set up uses a restricter in 1 of the pipes from the solenoid.
does this restricter still need to be fitted with the blitz solenoid ?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Re: Re: Re: blitz sbc id boost controller problems

evo8mr_bobby said:
been having a read up about boost and standard boost solenoids etc, the standard set up uses a restricter in 1 of the pipes from the solenoid.
does this restricter still need to be fitted with the blitz solenoid ?
Nope, remove it - use the pipe work and filters provided by Blitz

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Re: blitz sbc id boost controller problems

TurboTom said:
Where does the out pipe go to ?? Acutator ??

Also , are you using the auto setup feature ??.....

....if so DON'T !

You need to know what boost it was running before then adjust the numbers untill you get to the same boost as before.

Put the gian to about 10 when doing this

What car is this on ??
am sure the out pipe is fitted to the actuator !!

at the min i am using it in auto mode !
will change this tomorrow

the car is a evo 8mr fq300 is had a ecu-tek remap and a few other bits fitted at wrc-tech
not had the car long so dont no much about what the boost was exactly but sure its around the 1.3-1.4 bar mark.

what setting would you say to put the boost controller on.

thanks bobby

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Re: Re: Re: blitz sbc id boost controller problems

evo8mr_bobby said:
am sure the out pipe is fitted to the actuator !!

at the min i am using it in auto mode !
will change this tomorrow

the car is a evo 8mr fq300 is had a ecu-tek remap and a few other bits fitted at wrc-tech
not had the car long so dont no much about what the boost was exactly but sure its around the 1.3-1.4 bar mark.

what setting would you say to put the boost controller on.

thanks bobby
trial and error for the numbers to get the right boost - try going up in jumps of 10 using 4th gear to test

HIH

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks also i bought this set up 2nd hand and there was not enough teflon hose to go from the controll unit to the intake manifold so from the t piece to the control box i used teflon hose in the plastic connections and joined the 2 ends together with silicone hose which runs through the bulk head would this be ok or is it not strong enough??

if its not strong enough does any1 know where i can get a few meters of the hard teflon hose from ??

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just been looking at my boost graphs from the rolling road tune at wrc..

at approx 3500rpm the boost is upto 1.6-1.65 bar then holds at around 1.4 bar through the rev range.

does any1 know roughly what i should set the controller to in manual mode for the set and gain.
so it boosts to around 1.6 bar now.

is there any mappers on here who could help my problem of very low boost ?

bobby

1 - 11 of 11 Posts