Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm considering the Blitz timer, NUR r Stainless system and induction kit.
Anyone got any comments to make, is their stuff good, bad etc.
I've looked at the HKS equivalents but the blitz gear appears to have the edge!!

I await education!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MSTT timer is indeed good but remember that it may well override your immobiliser settings so just don't walk off whilst it's still going. Also their use is a grey area as far as your car getting nicked whilst you have one fitted is concerned (for exactly the reason listed above). Still, who gives a ****

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blitz is top stuff,
Induction Kit , the best available at the
moment and the principle reason is that it is a DRY filter so no oil will deposit on the air meter and confuse the ECU , also it is not affected by damp conditions. Plus it looks the dogs.
Exhaust , it is NOISY , if thats a problem
buy the HKS , if not the Nurspec is THE ONE.
It is all stainless unlike the HKS , and it
is the only system so far that has a much
improved routing eliminating the bizzare 90
degree bends of the factory system.
I have this stuff on my 6 and I am well
pleased.
Sideways for now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scott Lowe and myself fitted the HKS Super Racing Suction kit (alloy pipe from turbo to foam mushroom element filter) last weekend and were interested to see that there was no oily residue in my airflow meter area after some 7k miles on an HKS foam panel filter. I assume this is because HKS are higher quality filters than some of the other foam stuff on the market. Blitz exhausts are proving a popular choice with Evo guys due to the fact that you can remove (easily) the silencer from the tailpipe and spew flames out the back at passing motorists!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just fitted the Blitz induction kit, quite easy, great results.

I was really surprised by the perforance, as I didn't expect it to feel quicker. Unless I'm mistaked, the response is better, and the lag reduced when going for it through the gears.

The sound effects are spot-on, not too intrusive, but definately present.

Those bloody bolts on the air-box must have had their threads superglued at the factory. Resultant mandatory air-box damage, but you won't need it anymore (watch out for the ally honeycomb thought, 30mins of straigtning with tweezers).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just want to ask what is included in the Blitz induction kit? Is it just the air filter or includes the pipe too?
Anyone put the replacement air filter (eg K and amp;N) in the stock airbox??

For the Blitz exhaust, will the straight-through pipe be very low as compared to stock pipe. i know Blitz one will not follow the stock exhuast pipe layout

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been running the HKS replacement panel filter for the last six months, there is not much performance gain but it does sound nicer than stock and keeps out the bits we don't want in there! Only about 20 quid as well.

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When undoing the bolts to take the air box off I found that if I cracked the nuts loose with a very sudden turn of the spanner they would come undone without damaging the air box.
Didn't find this out until I came to the second of the 4 nuts!

David.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys, knew you wouldn't let me down.
Looks like its the blitz gear then!

Better call Ralliart to check the warranty situation!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Considering that Ralliart told me even if they supplied and fitted an HKS system (which was fitted to S6 GSR which I had my initial test drive in by the way) my warranty would be out the window 'unless' I bought their whole Phase 1 conversion (which includes the Super Drager) as the price of that includes a premium for upping warranty cover (a grand I believe!!). They would be hard pressed to prove that the fitting of an exhaust system caused your engine to blow up - risk is yours mate but 99% of us VI owners have got comp exhausts on! If you come to Cadwell on Thursday I'll give you a fiver* for each standard VI exhaust you can spot (your own one is not included of course!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone who wants to get a fiver out of Robin can point him at my car on Thursday http://www.ltregister.force9.co.uk/graphics/Happy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >
(Although what use five groats is to anyone these days escapes me...)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone have a picture from the back showing the Blitz Nur-Spec exhuast on the computer.
I want to see the comestic side of the exhuast.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Siverevov

Go to http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ (EVO section)for pictures of my car with exhaust and amp; induction kit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts