Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I finally decided to get a BLITZ NUR Spec R system for my EVO 6 TME.

I live in Austria and the police here is really strict about cars without cat...in order to prevent problems with insurance and police, i decided to keep the cat.

My question:

Will the sound of the BLITZ exhaust be MUCH BETTER than the standard TME exhaust, even when I DO NOT remove the cat and the silencers?

Will the power gain still be noticeable without removing the cat and the silencers?

I am asking, because when someone can guarantee me, that the sound and the power will not improve, I wont buy the exhaust.

I find the exhaust sound of the standard TME system much too quiet...I WANT A LOUD EXHAUST NOTE!!! Please guys, tell me that I will get a better sound even with keeping the cat!

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
EVO6LX,

Sound of the Blitz will b a big improvement over the TME stock system , have no worries :)

Power improvement will also b noticable , u cud improve even more with a turbo down pipe but still leave the cat.

Also the Blitz system is lighter than stock and looks way better.

Go and get it , I havn't regreted buying my Blitz :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
hi Evoboy,

thanx for your reply.

What exactly is a turbo downpipe? Is it legal (not like removing cats)? How much does it cost? Is it easy to fit in a garage? Does BLITZ offer one?

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
EVO6LX,

Turbo down pipe is the section of exhaust from the turbo outlet that couples 2 the rest of the exhaust system.
The standard factory downpipe is restrictive , replacing it improves power and throttle response.
There will not b a problem with legality , prices r from £300 , Blitz don't have 1 available. Magnex and Mongoose r the least expensive.
Any decent garage cud fit easily , even DIY is not 2 difficult.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Hey All,

Just wondering, how loud is the BLITZ exhaust? I heard that it is quite loud. Does anyone know how loud it is in dB and at what revs?

I have a custom made exhaust with the Apexi N1 tip. Looks great and it is quite loud, but not really loud enough for my likes :) I would like it a bit louder. Although, removing the CAT did make an impact on noise. Well, I do have a resonator on the exhaust...maybe that's why it's not that loud?

Cheers.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
At Coombe this year my car was noise tested at 98.5 db at 2mtrs , 3000 rpm STATIONARY.

Probably around 105 db when going 4 it , anyway well noisy according 32 any1 that hears it. Sets off car alarms and people at work can hear the car coming from around 1/4 mile away..................GR8 :)

The noise is good tho , really hard and deep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts