Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Blitz Nur' Spec R exhaust fitted to my Evo V GSR for a month now, and although the noise - without the silencer - is fantastic, I just find it too loud. After a drive in the car, my ears are ringing, especially the right ear. I also feel my head sore on the right-hand side :( This all disappears after a few days if I fit the silencer, but I then find the exhaust noise too soft, although it is better than the OEM exhaust.

As well as fitting the exhaust, I also fitted a Magnex de-cat pipe. Perhaps replacing the cat would lower the sound of the exhaust to a bearable level?

Have any Evo owners who have the Blitz exhaust fitted, find that it's too loud, or is it just me? It took me a long time too save up the money for this exhaust, and I bought it because previous postings said that it was loud and did improve performance. It has improved performance, but either the sound or resonance frequency is affecting my ears.

It would be great to hear the experiences of other Blitz owners.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fireblade

I got to agree with you on this one I too had listened to lots of exhausts before I bought my one. Some people love a loud noise and so do I normally but my garage is right next to my neighbours front door so I chose very carefully. I do believe the Blitz is the best system out there, because it is straighter. (BTW have you put the baffle back in to quiten it down.) The choice I made in the end was Magnex which is only really loud when you are on full chat. But it is a nice grumble at idle so at least my neighbours are happy. :)
(p.s I get home very late sometime, I cannot help being a dirty stopout)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My monster exhaust has a good new trick - just idle past parked cars and the rumble sets their alarms off! ####es the neighbours off no end!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bloody brilliant, i parked in the barbican yesterday, had a bit a bit of a blast on the way in, so the exhaust was burbling nicely as i went underground at least 3 alarms went off :):):):)

next time i will try and get the bov in on the action so i can set some more off :)

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exhaust loudness and type of sound is such a personal issue , I love my Blitz system 2 death, it is NOISY and I love this 2 ,BUT , if I had 2 drive long distance on motorways regularly it might become a problem , but I don't so it doesn't :)

The sound does change with a turbo down pipe , this might make it more tolerable 2 u , or wear earplugs ? ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thorak,

I've not heard a Magnex or many of the others. As i do alot of motorway driving IMO the Hayward and scott fiited to Ralliarts E7 extreme was too noisy even at low revs. Is the magnex louder/quieter than this or the Super Dragger for example.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a theory on in-cabin noise ........
turn the stereo up louder!
This theory helped me to ignore all audible problems with my Metro (MG!) while I was a student and so left my grant available to be spent in the bar :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So basically no other Blitz owners have found the noise too loud without the baffle?
Must be just me then, or else my installation is a bit suspect.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Fireblade,

which silencer did you remove? Have you ever tried the system WITH silencer AND Cat? Is the sound still nice? I am asking because I want to get the BLITZ exhaust but want to keep the cat and silencers because of insurance, police etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Evo6LX,

I removed the 'removable silencer' that you get with the Blitz, and it is then that the noise affects me. With the silencer in, the noise is reduced to acceptable levels, but is still good. I've not tried putting the cat back on, but it's something I think I'll try, just to see what difference it makes when the silencer is removed.
For the moment I'll keep the silencer in during the week, and take it out at weekends. Hopefully this'll allow me to get the full benefit from the exhaust, without me going deaf :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blitz is loud,but RSR is the best!Super super loud,compare with HKS,you can't heard it's sound....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.