Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have finally gone for blitz bsbc and hks super afr

also fitting hks fuel cut def at same time
any settings proven to give good PERFORMANCE results would be very welcome

my car runs very rich part throttle,how much has anyone weakened the part throttle side ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the Blitz boost controller and am thinking of getting a Super SFC too.

How do you know that your car is running rich on part throttle ?

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the black smoke when you boot it after following slow traffic tends to make me think its a little rich !!

was going to buy apexi,turns out general consensus it that its a little gimmicky
i have read and explored every known article on these things and decided on blitz/hks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah.....I've noticed the black smoke too !........

I have been experimenting with the overall gain setting and have had it at 0,10,20 and 25. The ratio for each preset has been changed according to the peak boost measured. I go for
0.9 bar peak at preset 1
1.0 bar peak at preset 2
1.1 bar peak at preset 3
1.2 bar peak at preset 4

My mates stock E4 is quicker than my car even with 1.2 bar. I have also got a 5Zigen exhaust and Apex induction kit.
I think the grommet must have been removed and his Evo4 may be overboosting, but the car seems to love it and doesn't cut or pink ????

He must have a good one or I have a bad one......hmmmmm

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
removing the grommit did make huge gains in mine,but others say not
it did do more than airbox exhaust etc put together
im going to try 1.4 bar max,well maybe 1.45 ?????
and see how i get on
i intend to fit fcd,but turn it off and see if it is needed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mouton.....

Check out the Scramble boost setting in the DSBC......Its coool !!!

I would suggest that you try a more conservative setting of 1.22bar peak boost and fiddle with the settings to get a constant boost of 1.15..... You wont get fuel cuts, wont damage your engine and will notice a BIG difference read my last post on the message Air intake |EQU| Fuel cut

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
been told by reliable sources 1.3 or 1.4 bar,have fuel cut def so hopefully can iron cut out,hope to have it all plumbed in this week,ill tell you what i find.
if i never post again,you will know i have a mangled rod or piston on my windowsill !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had a Blitz DSBC fitted to my EVOIV for about 6 Months, about 2 months ago I really started to here the solinoids 'clicking'. I spoke to the Blitz supplier and he said this was normal, but gave no explaination as to why it didn't make the noise from the start. I find the noise very irritating and find myself turning the boost off (0.6 bar), also I find it hard to hear if my engine is 'pinking' because of too much boost. I was wondering if anyone has a cure for the above as I am going to be fitting a Blitz Access ECU next week and want to run it at full boost(1.4 bar) up to the new 8,000 rpm rev limit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts