Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, to make this quick, just purchased Arospeed Ground wires for my Evo 3 and began installation this evening. Ok, now I grounded 4 areas, not exacty sure what the exact names of the areas are but if someone could give me pics of these areas i couild circle the exact places but the firts was on a point on the firewall, i think they call it the bulk head?? not sure, the second was somewhere on the intake manifold, kind of in the middle where two other wires were already connect that had what seemed to be grounding type metal ends (you the know, the little circles) and they were fastened down under a bolt, the third was to the first alternator bolt, the one covered with a little red rubber thingy, and the last was to the actual chassis, right over my intake filter, where my heat shield was bolted down. Now I ran all these wires to the metal piece that has the many holes and then ran one wire from this to thearospeed adapter which was connected to the Negative battery pole and then connected the oringal negative battery thingy to that and then let her rip. It STARTED and revved alll the way up to 1700 RPM for about 10 seconds and then came back down to about 900 RPM, then I tried to put down my windows and they will not work, my CD Player head unit does not work or even light up, my a/c is now working, there are lights and everything is showing up but no matter what i put the a/c on it isn't coming on!!! I opened the trunk because I have a stero system in it, 2 10 inch subs and two amplifiers and a crossover and stuff but nothing is working or even lighting up!! My headlights work, all dash icons light up, side mirrors move and everything just not the things mentioned, oh yeah my keyless entry does not work either!! Please try to help me out here guy's because I can't even drive it because I'll die of heat so please, ALL HELP NEEDED!!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The alternator bolt with the red rubber cover is positively charged. By grounding that bolt you would create a big short circuit. I'm surprised you haven't fried the whole car :) . Remove the wire form there and look for the blown fuses.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forking hell. I figured that ya know, I told the guy that was helping me that the Positive side of the battery is covered with red rubber so maybe that is positively charged and he was like, "uuuhh no". Ok, I searched the fuses, I check the fuses under the steering wheel column, the fuses near the battery and the couple of fuses over by the a/c, i only saw one little chip thingy that was melted and repleced it with a spare, but still no go, anything or anywhere else I can look?? Any other help you can give me cuz man am dyin here, that's my baby!!! :cry:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
JDMEvoKid said:
the third was to the first alternator bolt, the one covered with a little red rubber thingy,
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

thats got to be better than mike turbo's interboiler.

there is a reason they dont give monkeys spanners you know.

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
pete i think he looked more like this....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts