Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High
I have done a search, but cannot find anything.....

I managed to change my discs and pads relatively easily following an article on the MLR as to how to do it.
I want to change the brake hoses and wonder if anyone has a ste by step idiots guide
or
should i take it up kwik fit and get them to do it?

Michael
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
pretty simple to do just remember who ever bleeds them that there is a ordwer to do them in

1. n/s/r outer nipple
2. n/s/r inside nipple
3. o/s/f outer nipple
4. o/s/f inside nipple
5. o/s/r outer nipple
6. o/s/r inner nipple
7. n/s/f outer nipple
8. n/s/f inner nipple

and be careful with those nipples ;)

jase
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Re: Re: Bleeding the brakes

Steve220 said:
:tsk: never take it to kwik fit for ANYTHING
absolutely agreed. also steer clear of formula one autocentres - watched some chaps work on a 106 the other week. they just attacked everything with the air gun or big hammer - must have been an awful job.

hoses are fairly easy. take the old ones off, fit the new ones and bleed with one of the 'one man' bleed kits from halfords in the order above.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,074 Posts
jase_r said:
pretty simple to do just remember who ever bleeds them that there is a ordwer to do them in

1. n/s/r outer nipple
2. n/s/r inside nipple
3. o/s/f outer nipple
4. o/s/f inside nipple
5. o/s/r outer nipple
6. o/s/r inner nipple
7. n/s/f outer nipple
8. n/s/f inner nipple

and be careful with those nipples ;)

jase
Also make sure you dont let the brake resevoir run dry, and put air through the ABS system.

Stu
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,074 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Bleeding the brakes

MikeBee said:


hoses are fairly easy. take the old ones off, fit the new ones and bleed with one of the 'one man' bleed kits from halfords in the order above.
The one that pressurises the brake system from the resevoir cap does not fit the evo 5

Stu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bleeding the brakes

stu8 said:
The one that pressurises the brake system from the resevoir cap does not fit the evo 5

Stu
no but the one that doesn't fit on the cap does work.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top