Lancer Register Forum banner

bleeding ACD/AYC yourself, perhaps this is helpful

14K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Y6JMP 
#1 · (Edited)
With the ACD/AYC fluid changes around the corner I was pondering of possibility of doing it on my own, without someone's help. This is not a complete guide, it is rather a piece of a jigsaw.

You know, people floor the gas to run the ACD/AYC pump for a short while.
Here is how you could probably run it as long as you would like it to run:

First, find the electric pump relay under the bonnet.
On CT9A you can find it here:

It should look like this:

Perhaps the better pic:

The idea I got by reading this:

is just to short the pins 4-5 of the wiring of electric pump relay or shorting the corresponding pins/contacts on the relay:

This should run the pump as long as there is a contact between the pins 4 and 5. Mind you, the pump uses lots of current, hence better if you short it with a good conductor.

What do you guys think ? :blah:

Disclaimer:
two points, really:

1. All the screenshots are taken from mitsu evo workshop manual, that is available in public domain.

2. You take all the responsibility if you screw anything up. Use your brain before you do anything to your car.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Man, come back later with more creative attitude.

If you insist however, a visit to a mitsu dealership and a proper service with MUT for your money is going to operate all the solenoids.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I guess,

you don't have to run the pump until it dies overheating or collapsing your battery. You also don't have to run it without the fluid in the system as it lubricates & cools down the pump.

The above is the additional point to the disclaimer section for people who "need" it.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Mate, do a search on manual bleeding of the ACD/AYC, you will find there are a few tried and tested methods from over the years.
More to it than just shorting the pump out, lots of good threads on this topic.
I cannot believe that in all those "manual methods" you refer to there is not a mention about "press&hold the accelerator & put on ignition". Prove otherwise.

Instead of switching the ignition on and off and holding the pedal, you could do something to make your pump work as much as you want.

I get my coat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.