Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just noticed some of the updates haven't happened - looks like cache problems. Am sorting it now...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice site Tony. Glad to see you're getting the hang of this Internet stuff! Are you thinking of tuning the web server too :)

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blade,
Ive been toying with the idea of HKS cams myself, did they make a
worthwhile difference? Lumpy idle?

Cheers,

Justin Foden

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeh, improves the power band, and revving nature of the engine. Lumpy sounding idle, doesn't feel lumpy though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally sorted it out - seems the ntlworld cache was a bit screwy! Thank god for Front Page!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blade.....

Interseting reading your site. Seems that running an EVO as a trackday car can get very expensive given the amount of issues you've had with tyres and amp; brakes etc...

I see you're booked in for Donnigton on Wed.... shame, I was gonna go so could have said hello - few of my mates are going in their elises.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A few!?!? I counted 13 elises and 11 exiges!!

It was expensive running it as a track car, but no longer. The setup I have is kind to brakes and tyres. I have done 2 open pit track days on the current tyres and brakes, and it looks like it will be good for another 3. That will be around 3000 miles in total, so pretty happy with that!

One of the exiges is supercharged with 270bhp - christ, bet that is quick! I just hope it isn't too wet!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Blade good site ,
It appears that PE are using your car to further there R and amp;D are you getting a good discount.I ask this question in the best possible taste ,honest, because others will benefit from your investment.Regards Barry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure am for some of the work (the new engine bits). Other things that are one-offs (like my suspension and interior) are not discountable other than the usual bit for doing it in one go.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One of the exiges is supercharged with 270bhp - christ, bet that is quick! I just hope it isn't too wet!

Blade.....

Thats David Brown. He's a bit of a Skyline and Boxter man as well (lord knows why ?). He had problems with his exige engine only weeks after TT did the conversion - his car was the guinea pig for the supercharged VHPD they now offer - so don't know how much he'll be pushing it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts