Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blade,
Just read the following in your post in Lance Chat

My custom exhaust would need too many alterations, so I am just plumping for a Blitz Nur Spec R instead and a Magnex front pipe. Already have a 3 decat section to go in. I will miss that huge tail pipe
Wonder if you could expand a little, I've got a Nur Spec myself (although its been living in my front room for a month now!) I'm planning on taking it to Evoboy (cough cough, read your email) who is going to cut off the 2.5 waist (where it joins to the CAT) and alter it to 3 , add a 3 de-cat and a 3 downpipe and I have a nice exhaust that is 3 all the way, yippee!

I wondered what you were going to do with your Nur Spec and why you are going for the Magnex downpipe and not the PE, I was led to believe that the Magnex was only 2.75 (or was it 2.85 ? can't remember) and not 3 , I'm sure that the PE downpipe is 3 so I was planning to go for the PE downpipe myself.

What do you think?
Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ryan, sorry, slightly mislead you.

I am not getting the Magnex. The custom system I had was a custom downpipe all the way from the turbo, 3.5 . No cat pipe at all, or cat. The rear system was the standard PE 3 system, with a huge 6 exit (which was only 4 looks).

The new turbo has it's own elbow, so really requires a shorter downpipe. PE have now modified my downpipe, and the system will be mated to a Blitz Nur Spec R (which I believe is 3.5 all the way). You are right about the flange. This will be removed and modified to mate with the 3.5 front pipe.

Think I have got this right! The reason for changing the PE system is that it is actually restrictive at my power levels. Fine on a car with less than 400bhp though. The restriction comes from the backbox and tight bend when the exhaust goes to the left of the car. Did consider cutting the rear and putting a straight section in, with a right exit - but it was easier to get the Blitz, which is straighter and wider.

If I have got this wrong, and the Blitz isn't 3.5, let me know! This is similar to EVOboy's setup, just without any cat section at all and the Greddy/Trust elbow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ryan, do us a favour and measure it. Use a tape measure around the pipe to get the circumference, and we can work out the diameter from that (divide by pi).

I have different sources saying it is 3 or 3.5 . Also that the tail, is it 3.5 or 4.5?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I'll have a bash at it tomorrow, I think the tail is at least 4.5 I'll let you know

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx EVOboy. Turns out the downpipe from the turbo is 2.75 , so we left the waist on the blitz for now - doesn't seem to be affecting power at all.

Over 400bhp and rising!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm having a blitz down pipe fitted tomorrow, along with the spec r exhaust and de-cat pipe.
Does anyone else out there have the blitz down pipe? I presume its as good a quality as the exhaust.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just been looking at the link that Ryan kindly put up, but the down pipe is`nt listed :(

What diameter are you looking at and how much please?

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bugger just been outside in the cold to measure the bloody thing, then I come back in only to see evoboy has beat me too it :(

so yeah its 3 and 4.5 tail.

not affecting power at all, that's nice, as it 400bhp :D well done.

Just outta interest how big is the exit from the manifold?

adey,
whats the spec on the Blitz downpipe then, do you have any info?

richiw,
The one I'm looking at is the PE downpipe @ 3 http://www.powerengineering.co.uk/mitsu/products/exhausts.htm

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blitz downpipe is news 2 me , but even if it exists I wud doubt if it replaces the turbo outlet section like the PE pipe.
Wud b interested 2 c it if it's a new product.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Price wise the HKS and the PE down pipes are about the same price (£450 - £500).Thats alot of money compared to the 3 magnex downpipe that retails less than £200.

So whats the difference, if their all 3 then surely cannot be out and out bhp so it must be spool up time? It was also mentioned to me that the 5 Zigen downpipe is internally ceramic coated, so thats a consideration to be taken into count too.

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The magnex as far as I know isn't 3 . The PE downpipe is from the turbo down (some are from the elbow down). That will account for some of the difference.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, gets more interesting. The turbo kit is only 2.75 from it's downpipe, so we have left the waist on the Blitz on. Measured the back pressure at the lamba sensor point in the downpipe (extra long pipe replaces the cat too), and it is **** all, so it can't be affecting power. May look at getting a custom pipe from the turbo outlet made in 3 , then cut the waist, but I can't see how it will make any difference to things.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PE down pipe is in 1 piece and replaces the turbo outlet (elbow) , this improves gas flow considerably , HKS down pipe alone does not replace the outlet it just connects 2 it , but it is 3 , but , u can also combine this with their turbo outlet but the price 4 both is more expensive than the PE , the magnex is only available in stock replacement version so no turbo outlet replacement , but it is 3 .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So excuse me if i`m getting alittle ahead of myself here, but couldnt you use the Magnex down pipe with the HKS turbo elbow? ( i`m assuming the HKS downpipe is made to fit the standard turbo and exit pipe)

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ryan, just had the Blitz down pipe fitted, its 3 , but not as long as the PE one, probably why it was £220, not £500

1 - 20 of 45 Posts