Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at Donnington on Monday 26th, and Banzai magazine are doing a feature on the car, plus I will be caning it to within an inch of it's life :D :D. PE will be there too.

Ed Moore will be there too, and it is open pit, so if anyone wants to come down, look at the car, ride with me :) or ride with Ed :D :D :D, then please come on down!

If anyone wants to run, there are spaces, see www.bookatrack.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tempted, tempted ... (tempted)

Nope, can't do it ... my brakes aren't quite ready for another Donington quite yet ( :) ) and I'm not sure I can justify the time off work with 2 days' notice (much as I'd love to come even without driving my car).

Have fun and please give my regards to Ed.

Is Banzai magazine published monthly? Where (in Reading) can I get hold of a copy?

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony

Never seen a copy of Banzai any chance of getting subscription details for the MLR?

JF

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Droid - I only put my pads on yesterday!!

Jerry - I never heard of Banzai either! Must be available in WH Smith though....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, you can usually get it in larger branches of WH Smiths. Published every couple of months, the latest edition is out now, with a 385 bhp RC Developments VI TME.
Banzai is a sort of MAX Power for Jap cars :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I CAN'T GET BANZAI IN WH SMITHS NEAR ME. BUT IF ANYBODY WANTS THE SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GET HOLD OF THEM.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
God, how many pictures? They took hundreds! Had a good day at Donnington - Evoboy showed up to have a ride - he had a suitably large grin on his face afterwards!

Highlight of the day were the two 360 modenas, very quick indeed. Very good straightline grunt and superb cornering. I know people have stated that they have beaten these on the road, but honestly the driver could not have been trying!

However, they were VERY arrogant and a bit dangerous. I let one pass me, only so that I could hang onto his tail. Going flat out through Coppice, I pushed him so hard we did a full 720 spin! It was MOST enjoyable to watch that!!!

Lowpoint was when my seat subframe broke!! The stress of cornering just snapped it! We thought the day was over, but Steve Hagger from Power Engineering was there and welded it then and there to fix it! How's that then!!

Good 2 meet you today Evoboy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blade,
Top stuff M8 , a good afternoon :)
Beast of a car , and yr instructor is a top pilot , Craner curve was bloody mind bending , GR8 , thanks 4 sacrificing some of yr expensive laps for the demo :)
Look forward 2 the occasion when we can show those 360's who's boss ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Depends what you call spank! They are very quick, as quick as me in the straights - and well driven too. They were v. aggressive, so I let them go past most of the time, as I was practising my lines. Until one time - when this Modena was right on my tail going into Mcleans - ######, I thought, I let you past. So I stuck right on his tail, and powering through Coppice, I pushed him so hard he did a lovely 720 spin and we shot past with big wide grins!!

Now if you call that a spanking, then the answer is most definitely YES!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blade
You are a bully! Don't you realise that having spent over £100,000 they have the RIGHT to blast you off the track. By challenging them and pushing them so hard you might have upset them. Why can't Evo drivers learn their place :D :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blade,

Thought of you today babe, glad to hear you had a top day, shame you can't make it on the 9th!

Debs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, I thought of you too :D :D Must get together so you can see me beast - Aiiiiiiiiii !!!

(That was an Ali G interlude for those who didn't get it!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Simon - you ain't kiddin! They were out to trounce everyone - all the other times I started to sneak up on, they would pit!! This time, they couldn't get away :D :D

And, for those who rave about the Ferrari sound, these sounded **** - honestly, tinny crap. £100k - they couldn't shoot 2 foot flames :D :D

Bully? Ok, I admit it :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Original Post:
So I stuck right on his tail, and powering through Coppice, I pushed him so hard he did a lovely 720 spin and we shot past with big wide grins!!

Wished I'd seen that... anyone catch it on vid...maybe it was the same 2 drivers as the porkers on teh lasy bookatrack day ! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Blade ,

Ive lost track on every thing you have had done to the car,soooo much.
What suspension are you running and how was the balance around the corners?, any over/under steer .?
Did the car slide sideways under a heavy right foot?
How fast are the straights at Donny?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shory, look at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tony.rodriguez for a full monty (or buy the next issue of Banzai :) )

Basically, there is no understeer (or very little). What little there is will be eradicated when the new LSD is fitted in January. This is better than the one that Claudius got (the Group N) one, but is illegal for Group N (do I care??).

The straights are pretty fast at Donnington, particularly the back straight before the chicane. You can get well into 5th gear on a standard GSR box - never looked at the speedo, but must be talking around 130mph. I managed 1m25, and I ain't a super driver (not bad though :D).

I don't get any tyre wear on the edges either and can almost go continuously lap after lap with no brake fade :D

The car does not go sideways - it has WAY too much grip for that. If you push on, you get a lovely 4 wheel drift which is easy to control. The only time you get oversteer is if you lift off stupidly (hello, lift off oversteer). Never ever lift, just ease off, and it is amazing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jackal, it is possible being on Coppice that it was photo'd. I think those guys who have money and buy cars like the Porkers and 360's are so stuck up - if I had a dice with someone like that, and went off, I would have a larf and a chat about it. They looked very glum faced as we cruised by them in the pits :D

Mind you, got to hand it to them, racing that kind of money around without a care in the world - scary - more money than sense!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts