Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Much appreciated if you could keep eyes peeled for a stolen black Evo 6. The Registration is S500 EVO but no doubt the plates have been changed.

The car has clear rear lexus style lights which should make it noticable over a normal black 6. Apart from that it is standard.

I can be contacted on 07759854747 or phone the police.

Thanks,
John.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Ryan, no fancy car jacking or any of that crap. It just got nicked. :(

It must be easy to steal these car? what does everyone think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear that. Where did it get stolen, and what were the circumstances (outside your house, in a car park etc.) In what part of the country did it get nicked?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stole from Salisbury Square in Belfast in broad daylight in a very busy area. mmmmm. These cars are scarce in England and very rare in Northern Ireland. All Evo owners know each other. So there is a strong likely hood it has been shipped to England already.

PS The car belongs to a friend and I thought it may help to post this message on this BBS with fellow Evo drivers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm very surprised your mate didn't HAVE to have at least a vg alarm or tracker system fitted to get insured, or, did it have a good system on it and STILL get nicked?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ireland is a key port of import as well,perhaps we ought to not get involved in imports registered in Ireland.
I now have a cat 1 alarm and a seperate cat 2 imobiliser which is operated manually on the car and 2 nice red lights that flicker one at at time in sequance .catches me some times as I forget where the switch is DOH!
BUt as I have said before I feel these cars are broken down for parts they are to rare to pass on to unsuspecting people especially after the 4x4 fiasco in dubai.
Sorry to hear about stolen cars of any type .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i wouldnt have thought that there would be anymore stolen cars imported to ireland than there would be to england? england has plenty of key ports of import too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As shorty suggested, Dublin is a key car stop point for cars coming in from places such as Dubai

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jon44w

Sorry to correct you but this car is an EVO 5, used to belong to Jason?
The car used to frequent the Crail drag strip in Scotland. I have posted
a pic of the car to chunky. Hopefully he can upload it to this page.

Regards,
fellow EVO 5 driver

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hah! Ecosse.net's servers are on extended lunch break just now, but when they see fit to come back online a picture should magically appear:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers Chunky!

Hopefully if this car is still in the UK it should not be too difficult to spot, especially if
it is still running with those wheels.

EVO drivers, keep your eyes peeled!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry to correct me? What are you talking about?!

The car is DEFINITELY an EVO 6. not a 5 as previously mentioned.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like a V to me......

Whatever it is :) I hope the thieving scum get their whats coming to them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dont shoot me down! I was only trying to help http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

The car is definately a 5, I should know I have a yellow one ;)
Look at the picture, writing on the back, Evolution V!

Jason posted these pics of his car to the Crail Thrashers web site of which we are both members.
A while back we exchanged messages on the Crail web message board as both of us were at the Max
Crail event and I was interested in what mods he had done to the car.

Hope he gets it back!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WTF LADS!!!!!!????

I know the car in the picture is a 5 but thats NOT the one im talking about!

I know your only trying to help spanpody but that is clearly not the evo im talking about. Its just coincidence thats it black too with lexus lights and a evo plate.

There is still no word on the Evo 6, registration S500 EVO. I dont hold much hope now.

Thanks everyone anyway for your concern during this bad time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I doubt this is related, but how popular are the clear Lexus-style rear light clusters ?

I saw a silver 6 (?) with some a few weeks ago in Leeds.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts