Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all its been a very long time since ive owned and evo but have just brought me am 2001 evo 7 jdm

now im a total noob on these so please be gentle with me

its going for a service and i would like to know which is the best spark plugs for me to use and oil if anyone could tell me

the car is running 365bhp

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I use bp8res plugs in my E7 at 393hp with no problems
I like to use millers nano tech oil for engine but to be honest most good quality branded fully synthetic oil is ok

Check out opi oils website

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys ill order some plugs then

its just the oil i never quite understand so many different ones
5w40
5w30 etc.etc

175 Posts
The correct spark plug will be the ones determined by your tuner. But as may not know this, pull one of the plugs to see what temp it is before buying the incorrect temp for your tune.

7 is the std heat range but either 7 or 8 will be good for your Hp/boost level.

Set the gap to the same as what is in your engine now as you know that it runs right now so best to keep this the same. Get a feeler gauge when you get spark plugs.

NGK Bcpr7es & Bcpr8es are the standard type plugs that we use and Bcpr7eix/Bcpr8eix are the Irdium equivalent. Only difference between std type plugs and Iridium is how long they last.
If you dont want to change plugs every time you do an oil change then get Iridiums.

Be very careful when gapping Iridiums though as you can easily damage them beyond repair.

Hope that's helpful.
Send me a message if you would like to know more.

Best regards,
James

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the help guys

still learning on these evos

but love the car so far just a little hard on the ride but its an evo :)

just want to get it serviced first so thats why i asked

many thanks again for all your help

175 Posts
thanks for the help guys

still learning on these evos

but love the car so far just a little hard on the ride but its an evo :)

just want to get it serviced first so thats why i asked

many thanks again for all your help
No problem. Always post up if you're unsure as there's a lot of experienced blokes on here.

If you wanted to get all techy and wanted a bit of a read of spark plugs i wrote this a little while ago & also have a huge tech article on ignitions in the current MLR Evo mag.

But have a look at this as it will help with plugs.
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=532226

·
Registered
711 Posts
I used to use 5w40 but norris recommends 15w50? I think something to do with thicker oil and journal bearing turbos ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i only do short journeys to and from work roughly about 40 mile a week in total so just want the best oil to put in if that helps

going to have to pop it in somewhere to get it all checked out after the service just to see if everything is ok with it

the speedo has stopped working but the garage said they are going to pay to get that sorted just need somewhere to take it the the midlands

but ill get there slowly

spoke to a good friend of mine whos taking a look the weekend he used to be on here a lot hippy

thanks for all your reply's nice to see a good forum for a change

will be joining up very soon so hope to get more info
thanks again guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts