Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys can anybody body recommend a good set of coilovers for a evo 9 that are not stupid money i mainly use the car as a weekend toy. Any help or advice much appreciated thank you

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,520 Posts
Do you really want coilovers for road use only?

Only asking as a set of bilsteins with lowering springs and a good geo set up will be fine for a road blast.

If you really want coilovers then HSD,tein super street and BC can be bought cheap...but watch out for corrosion/knocking on some cheapo kits

:thumbup:

·
Anthony
3,743 Posts
If your reason if for handling improvement, you are probably better off just getting slightly stiffer spring for the factory suspension. In reality this is usually more effective and better quality than cheap coil overs anyway which generally have to be binned after 2 years.
Otherwise, save up and get something good quality that is able to be serviced or rebuilt.

And remember when looking at Coil overs, the 'specs' mean nothing at all if the quality of metals and rubber used is crap. I would rather buy a second hand set of Ohlins / KW / Bilstein for example and get then reconditioned, than buy a new set made in China / Taiwan etc.

Often overlooked but very good quality also are KYB (they made the Ralliart suspension for Mitsubishi).

·
Registered
520 Posts
Have u tried these coilover mrjamie 79 if so are they any good
We actually have done a few things with the EVO even though we haven't really been active within the EVO community before.

We have ran a set of custom valved GT1 spec coilovers on an EVO9 in the Macau just to confirm how far we can take the suspensions.
The main difference is the springs rate and also the valving in the suspension as they are for a race car, but everything else remain the same as the standard road going GT1.

So what I can say is the GT1 suspension can be run stiff, on WTCC spec slick tyres, on a bumpy road corse, in 25C heat, continuously for 30 minute session, and retain its performance without suffering any fade issue.
That is not a claim that can be made by a lot of other brand regarding their road suspensions.

As for the Zeta-R, they are design for fast road use with occasional track days.
They are design to be compliant on roads on softer setting, and response on track on stiffer damper setting.

Here is a review from one of the member on the HampshireJapCar forum.

1. Name: Toastie

2. Location: Hampshire

3. Car Make and Model: Mitsubishi evo9

4. MeisterR Coilovers Model: Zeta-R

5. A Short Review: fantastic quailty, great value and they match my colour scheme as a bonus

a. Performance on Road: once adjusted they offer similar ride to factory with more options for ride height and damping.

b. Performance on Track: will update

c. Value for Money: 10/10
d. Would you buy again: yes
e. Any Personal Note: surprisingly easy to fit and adjust

7. Pictures:

8. Video: to be updated
So we have done quite a few bits with EVO and so far I haven't had any complains.
We are also on the forums so we are able to address any owner's concern and assist them if they have any questions.
That is something else that most other brands do not do. :)

Anyways, if you have any questions please feel free to let us know.
We are only a PM / E-mail / Phone call away.

Jerrick

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
We actually have done a few things with the EVO even though we haven't really been active within the EVO community before.

We have ran a set of custom valved GT1 spec coilovers on an EVO9 in the Macau just to confirm how far we can take the suspensions.
The main difference is the springs rate and also the valving in the suspension as they are for a race car, but everything else remain the same as the standard road going GT1.

So what I can say is the GT1 suspension can be run stiff, on WTCC spec slick tyres, on a bumpy road corse, in 25C heat, continuously for 30 minute session, and retain its performance without suffering any fade issue.
That is not a claim that can be made by a lot of other brand regarding their road suspensions.

As for the Zeta-R, they are design for fast road use with occasional track days.
They are design to be compliant on roads on softer setting, and response on track on stiffer damper setting.

Here is a review from one of the member on the HampshireJapCar forum.

So we have done quite a few bits with EVO and so far I haven't had any complains.
We are also on the forums so we are able to address any owner's concern and assist them if they have any questions.
That is something else that most other brands do not do. :)

Anyways, if you have any questions please feel free to let us know.
We are only a PM / E-mail / Phone call away.

Jerrick
That's my local hill climb gurston down in the last picture !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts