Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car was fitted with bilstein pss9 adjustable dampers with coilovers and on further inspection have found the adjuster on the bottom of the strut. wot id like too know is how to soften the ride up abit? the adjuster has 1-9 written on it but i dont know which way softens the damping? anyone any ideas?
cheers jimmymc

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also use PSS9 on my MR... I am very happy with front 4 rear 5... not too hard but firm enough.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hi guy´s,as RichW said,i have the same suspension in my car,i sold my old one,but i got exactly the same again from Bilstein for the German Tuner GP at Hockenheim in 2 Week´s :D

@ Timspeed: You are wrong,the 9 is the softest setting,1 is the hardest setting ;)

It depends on where you drive it,on the street i like it @ 5 in the front and 4 @ back,so it´s a little bit harder on the back,it handles much better.
On the track i use settings like 1,2 or 3,depends how straight the track is :D

@ RichW: How are you?? Did you install the parts :confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
definitely about the soft hard range...

I find that if you set your rear harder than the front for pss9 on an Evo, your tail will be too bouncy due to the really lite rear... setting it 4 front and 5 rear will give the car more grip at the back and more rebound to compromise the pitch under braking with the excess weight in the front... the tail all slide much more progressively when the AYC is activated in this setting... just a comment some experience I have to share with you guys!!!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Sai Ray said:
definitely about the soft hard range...

I find that if you set your rear harder than the front for pss9 on an Evo, your tail will be too bouncy due to the really lite rear... setting it 4 front and 5 rear will give the car more grip at the back and more rebound to compromise the pitch under braking with the excess weight in the front... the tail all slide much more progressively when the AYC is activated in this setting... just a comment some experience I have to share with you guys!!!
how want´s grip at the rear end of the car :confused: :D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
with class 1A tyres I am finding it hard to keep the back end from trying to come round....gets set up propely next week though so will leave it till then ...full speck is poly bushes all round cusco anti roll bars middle setting and hks top mounts front and back with the PSS9's :D thanks alex for the advice a while ago its coming to gether now....

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
mattty said:
with class 1A tyres I am finding it hard to keep the back end from trying to come round....gets set up propely next week though so will leave it till then ...full speck is poly bushes all round cusco anti roll bars middle setting and hks top mounts front and back with the PSS9's :D thanks alex for the advice a while ago its coming to gether now....
Looking and sounding good their m8 :coolsm:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Very pretty Matt, you didn't tell me that you had the pimp stickers on yet :D :cool:

We'll have a play with your settings when we meet up soon to set the geom. My initial spec would be to start at setting 3 and go from there. Absolutely no point in running rock hard susp with class 1a tyres ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Sai Ray

Do you happen to have a part number/model code for the PSS9s on your ride? Looking for a set in my neck of the woods.

I was under the impression that Bilstein does not manufacture coilovers for E8/MR.

Thanks a bunch.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts