Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been for a bit of a blat in the warm sunshine, hundreds of bikes out. :coolsm: One bloke must have been thinking winter mode, or more likely not at all. :rolleyes: Close call as the driver decided to change lanes without looking....... Nob. :eek: Not that you lot will need reminding. :)

Pete

·
Registered
42 Posts
Damn ignoramuses, my mum and step dad are both bikers, im always looking before i pull.... out in the next lane! One of my old gits mates was brain damaged when a woman :rolleyes: pull out of a junction and he hit her van head on. Sad v.sad. :(

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
i was out today for 9 hours and lost count of the amount of myopic tin can drivers that didnt see me.

btw saw an EASY 180mph on my new gsxr today, MEGA! :D

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
:coolsm: 180 mph nnnnnnniiiicccccccccceeeeeeeeeee :coolsm: :coolsm:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
...have the kids this weekend.....i guess she'll stay in the shed for another 3 weeks... :rolleyes:
:D :D

180? ****... :eek:

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
honestly it was unbelievably quick. i have had lots of quick bikes but this one is ridiculous lol. my blade used to start to slow down after 155mph odds but the gsxr just pulls like a train till its flat out.
saw 170 at the back of a p1 scoob on thurs as well.

·
Registered
756 Posts
y2kfireblade said:
honestly it was unbelievably quick. i have had lots of quick bikes but this one is ridiculous lol. my blade used to start to slow down after 155mph odds but the gsxr just pulls like a train till its flat out.
saw 170 at the back of a p1 scoob on thurs as well.
The clocks will go up to 186 and no more, but the bike will still be pulling, it is wicked :coolsm:

·
Registered
199 Posts
165 on the M62 many years ago, ZZR-600.

Are Volvo's still the scourge or perhaps the horrors of the new age - Daewoo (Chevrolet), Proton or perhaps the ex-metro driver club MG-Rover.

I still miss the Ninja, but none of us seem to have grown up too much!

So Pete, Y2Kfireblade, & Colie weep a tear for us whose bike are long gone.

Paul

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
PaulB said:
....... but none of us seem to have grown up too much!......

Paul
. i refuse to..... :D

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
PaulB said:
165 on the M62 many years ago, ZZR-600.

Are Volvo's still the scourge or perhaps the horrors of the new age - Daewoo (Chevrolet), Proton or perhaps the ex-metro driver club MG-Rover.

I still miss the Ninja, but none of us seem to have grown up too much!

So Pete, Y2Kfireblade, & Colie weep a tear for us whose bike are long gone.

Paul
i think all cars and drivers have got worse as everyone is too feckin interested in watching their speedo rather than driving.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Whilst we are on the subject of bikes, id like to remind u guys of the dangers. Not ur riding, but other road users. My mates just been paralysed from the neck down after some HGV changed his mind mid turn, resulting in my m8 hittin his cab face on at high speed. Shattered bones c4/5 just below his neck, as well as losing 2inches of bone from his right arm at the scene. Like i say, not his fault, but one of many idiotic road users who seem to ignore bikes......

Whilst i was there visiting him in sheffield northern, i noticed there were lots of other people in same situation, all with the same stories of cars/hgv's apparently not seein them :(

Crash happened last week in Barnsley, was in loal paper for those from that neck of the woods.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
guy frome east calder was killed last week on his bike in winchburgh (near edinburgh) he was riding past the petrol station when 2 idiot women in a jeep turned right into the petrol station right in front of him. he ended up yards away and over a local bodyshops wall and died of massive head injuries. he leaves behind a 5 and a 7 year old girl :( tragic.
i wish this government would spend more time teaching folk how to drive rather than manipulating statistics and lying to justify more revenue raising cameras, c**ts.

·
Registered
747 Posts
y2kfireblade said:
i wish this government would spend more time teaching folk how to drive rather than manipulating statistics and lying to justify more revenue raising cameras, c**ts. [/B]
I couldn't agree more.

·
Premium Member
Jesus built my car
38,798 Posts
Teccie said:
Whilst we are on the subject of bikes, id like to remind u guys of the dangers. Not ur riding, but other road users. My mates just been paralysed from the neck down after some HGV changed his mind mid turn, resulting in my m8 hittin his cab face on at high speed. Shattered bones c4/5 just below his neck, as well as losing 2inches of bone from his right arm at the scene. Like i say, not his fault, but one of many idiotic road users who seem to ignore bikes......
It's not a one-way street though. Car drivers may be prone to not looking out for bikers, but bikers are often driving in a way that they put themselves in the danger in the first place. For example no car driver expects other drivers doing idiotic speeds like 180. The distance covered each second is such that if someone misjudges and pulls out then the biker has no chance of survival. Then the bikers all moan about how bad car drivers are. If you want to drive that way you have to take responsibility for not putting too much reliance on what other drivers need to do to keep you safe.

Bikers are often weaving dangerously in and out of traffic, or leaning over into corners such that they are in the path of oncoming traffic. TBH if some dickhead is doing 180 on a public road and dies then I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. One less biker to get in my way when I'm out for a blast down a country road :shrug:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Aidy has hit the nail on the head there.

Car drivers aren't out to knock bikers off but to be fair we're sitting in a protective metal box and you are sitting on an engine with wheels with only your clothes and a helmet to protect yourself. As the original poster has said I think it's bikers who have to watch for car drivers. We can't see you at the best of times and if you're doing 180 then to be honest it won't mater if we do see you because we ain't going to have time to react.

All we can do is signal and check our mirrors. If you're sitting in a blind spot even if we do glance round which I always do, it ain't always so easy to spot you.

That advert says it all really "now you see him" All I'd be interested in is who's going to pay for my f#cking door! :p

But remember bikers us car drivers are insanely jealous of your ability to weave through traffic :D

All bikes should come with a donor card because they are very dangerous IMO. I've no doubt the thrill is unbelievable but I'm happy to admit I'd never have the bottle to ride to the fullest on public roads because in order to enjoy a bike in the way that is being described you're basically putting your life in the hands of car drivers who to be prefectly frank aren't thinking about you at all.

Be careful out there fellas, I'll keep my eye out as I always do but don't forget that when it comes down to it there is only one winner between car vs bike when it comes to a collision.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I ride a bike and its not always the car's fault, some bikers ride like they have a deathwish. On the open road, fair enough, but in traffic and populated area's... Just behave.

Before I leave, I always remind myself that I have to be smarter than the car drivers around me, be more aware and to predict other road users.

Some bikers just forget all the basic safety rules when they ride, thinking they are invincible, its just plain stupid.

Don't shift the blame onto someone else, its your own life, look after it.

On the flip side, 30% of road users should have their licence taken off them. There should really be a stupidity test you need to take before you are given the licence.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hobbers said:
As the original poster has said I think it's bikers who have to watch for car drivers.
I think every biker watches car drivers! ;) Just to clarify, I was out in the car. Not had a bike for donkeys years now. Would love to ride again but I'm not daft. Coming back to bikes after such a long time...... Would I be tempted to open it up and risk death / serious injury because I think I still know how a bike performs? Eventually I would, then the performance of today's bike's would catch me out and that, quite probably would be that. Finito binito. :(

Pete

·
Registered
24,444 Posts
my lads claim is going though at the moment, he was overtaking a car he thought was pulling into the kerb started overtaking it and it ran right straight into him, the bikes a write off and hes lucky but the insurers say its not looking good as there was the road to the right which made it unsafe to overtake! incidentally we have witnessess to say the car driver did not indicate, my sons really miffed as he says "Why would I overtake a car if it was indicating "!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Aidy said:
It's not a one-way street though. Car drivers may be prone to not looking out for bikers, but bikers are often driving in a way that they put themselves in the danger in the first place. For example no car driver expects other drivers doing idiotic speeds like 180. The distance covered each second is such that if someone misjudges and pulls out then the biker has no chance of survival. Then the bikers all moan about how bad car drivers are. If you want to drive that way you have to take responsibility for not putting too much reliance on what other drivers need to do to keep you safe.

Bikers are often weaving dangerously in and out of traffic, or leaning over into corners such that they are in the path of oncoming traffic. TBH if some dickhead is doing 180 on a public road and dies then I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. One less biker to get in my way when I'm out for a blast down a country road :shrug:
some good points aidy but some utter shite as well, you mean to say if your evo was capable of 180mph you wouldnt give it a go on a nice straight with low traffic? yeah right. as for bikers leaning over so far into corners they are in the path of oncoming traffic i have yet to see that one matey. granted there are some fuds on bikes but not nearly as many in cars imho.
so you wouldnt lose any sleep over some "dickhead" possibly me then, getting killed cos i was doing 180mph on the m6 for example? think my girl and family might though....
but hey one less biker on the road so you can behave however you want on the public road as you will be out for a "blast"

another great post from aidy obviously just for effect to try and rile others. well done.

·
Premium Member
Jesus built my car
38,798 Posts
Originally posted by y2kfireblade
> you mean to say if your evo was capable of 180mph
> you wouldnt give it a go on a nice straight with low traffic?

No. My evo is supposedly capable of 155 yet I rarely take it over 100. If you're caught going 180 they'll jail you. Personally I don't think it's worth the risk. If I did something that would have me locked up I'd rather rob a bank. At least that way there is a benefit if you don't get caught.

> so you wouldnt lose any sleep over some "dickhead" possibly me
> then, getting killed cos i was doing 180mph on the m6 for example?

No, I wouldn't.

> think my girl and family might though....

That's for you to think about, not me.

Think of the poor bloke that has to hose you off the road.

> another great post from aidy obviously just for effect to try
> and rile others. well done.

*doffs hat*

1 - 20 of 45 Posts