Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last weekend i changed the oil and replaced the the front discs and pads , after driving for about 14 miles i noticed a knocking noise, then by 20m its getting worse i think its the big ends when cold u can not hear it but once worm it gets louder, when on throttle its ok but if u rev engine it knocks like f-ck its and evo 2 is it possible to remove the sump with the engine in, and is the flitch plate in two pieces, , will the sump come out with the transfer box on any help welcome cheers in advance

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how hard is it to remove the transfer box as havnt worked on4wheel drive before got it up on axle stands at mo see there a few bolts to remove is it a seperate unit or does require the oils to be drained ect, remove prop ect

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
might be able to get hold o9f an evo 3 engine with turbo ect, would this be a simpoler way around it, how much do u trhink anengine and turbo is worth in good condition;as i have no idear on prices, and is the evo 3 engine better than the 2

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got the shells out today they all seem ok :D except for 1 :cry:

looks like its been spinning on crank as back is all black,and the little nip on the ends has gone it all so looks twisted;think they are standard size only markings are da4 any one know if that is standard cheers allso there is some bronze filings in sump. and i did notice . silicone in the oil strainer , so to any one useing silicone as a gasket beware;

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.