Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just a quck note to show how far £3,500 (incl fitting and VAT)goes at WRC on an EVO 8 260. Bolt on parts - standard cams. We can't give away all the details or some people who think they're tuners will think its easy and anyone can do it.

cheers,

Chris

p.s. We haven't even turned the boost up yet ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Standard Turbocharger - boost vs wheel bhp

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Nice results! I think all evo's are on par with each other really wether its I - IX others may disagree but its good to be part of the M.L.R. involved in a group passionate about their cars.. :D

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Hey Chris! Oi!!
:adore: :adore: :adore: even with the original exhaust on my 260 I'm dumb-founded by the extra EVERYTHING you've provoked from my car - we're not just talking "hit the switch Chewy we're jumpin' to light-speed", I expected it to be radically different at pace and it is :eek: is that an understatement :eek: but it's everything else that goes with it, round town, urban, motorway, it's all improved...

Chi dictates that life is a path without extremes - scare yourself once a day in an Evo and your path gets wider!!! all be it a little shorter :D :D

cheers guy's & well done...
dB.

·
Underground mapper
19,830 Posts
Are those figures at the wheels or flywheel ;););)
Surely £3,500 for an extra 30bhp isn't much :D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
AndyF_RSX said:
Are those figures at the wheels or flywheel ;););)
Surely £3,500 for an extra 30bhp isn't much :D:D:D:D:D:D
Must be atw Andy as im sure the ecutek gives more flywheel bhp than that for half the money :confused:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Lengthmeister said:
Must be atw Andy as im sure the ecutek gives more flywheel bhp than that for half the money :confused:
The figures says HP, thats whole horse powers, not broken ones ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi All,

Figures are at the wheels. For reference the figures equate to roughly - 385bhp & 366 ib-ft.

The torque figures are a bit down - but then we aren't running 2.1 bar either.

cheers,

chris

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Thats a mighty impressive graph Chris! :coolsm:

I shall defo be down mid July to book mine in for some much needed goodies :cool:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Length and Numpty - activate the pish take detector ;)

Chris - very impressive figures. Looks like a nice safe level of very enjoyable power for not a lot of money :cool:

Oh yeah, makes the 400 look even worse VFM :eek: :D

·
Underground mapper
19,830 Posts
Fish Monkey said:
Length and Numpty - activate the pish take detector ;)
I obviously didn't put enough smilies after my post for the pish take detectors to be activated :D

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
AndyF_RSX said:
I obviously didn't put enough smilies after my post for the pish take detectors to be activated :D
And i honestly didnt realise i was taking the pish :rolleyes:

:crackup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
AndyF_RSX said:
My word Andy, I would never have believed you capable of pish taking in a billion bajillion years. :angel:

and obviously wasn't taking advantage of it to pretend I knew more than you either, of course :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts