Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Not trying to create any rules here, just want to relate recent experience.

Had my tracking fine tuned the other day and a few other bits done. When i left the car seemed noticebly quicker and was pulling stronger. Thats strange i thought, i only had the tracking done... but then when i thought back i forgot that they also removed my apexi air filter and a custom pipe that i had feeding cold air from the bumper up to it. They put the standard air filter on.

Don't think i'll be changing it on my next car - anyone just had an uprated panel filter in the standard box ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I run the RA relocation kit with the RA panel filter. Just removed the hose to the turbo and not a single piece of dirt or oil, quality and fitment is very good.
Maybe it's not the ultimate for top end power but I'm happy with it.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
i have had a supposed 360 brake with ralliart relocate/panel filter,but have to say,the car is definately more lively,on and off boost ,with hks filter

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Ralliart panel filter fitted to my VII. Decided, better than all that B***** noise!

We had a useful conversation today following the Ralliart meet regarding tuning/modding - conclusion - leave it alone - PERIOD!

Well, lets see if I can stop meddling? :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Jackal,

Same thing happened to me with the exact same Apexi filter.....

I run a standard airbox now too with the cold air feed directly fitted into the airbox.

You don't get the warm air from the engine bay entering the intake. I wash my sponge panel filter every 3 weeks and it makes a BIG difference

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Jackal,

Same thing happened to me with the exact same Apexi filter.....

I run a standard airbox now too with the cold air feed directly fitted into the airbox.

You don't get the warm air from the engine bay entering the intake. I wash my sponge panel filter every 3 weeks and it makes a BIG difference

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
When my car was on the rolling road few months ago, I was told that I would probably get better figures from it with the standard air box back on than the HKS induction kit? WHY?

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Teri,
If you have your car on the rollers and have an induction kit without an airbox then the chances of it feeding the engine with hot air from the underbonnet area as everything warms up are a lot higher. Ideally, you need to fit a heat shield of some description around the induction kit and then duct cold air from the front of the car to it. This will help in that you'll be getting cold air and also help with a bit of a ram effect, pressurising the air into the turbo. Of course, this ram effect won't happen if the car is stationary on a RR.

If you have the orginal airbox then you have a ready made heat shield around the filter and if you run ductwork up to the airbox from the front then you'll get a better performance than with an induction kit on a RR.

However, the other advantages of an induction kit are that it reduces the pressure drop on the intake side of the turbo and so you can feed more air to the engine and get more power.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Andy

Thanks, I am looking at getting a heat shield made very soon (not decided yet on carbon fibre or alloy?)
But have also kept the original airbox so could put it back to standard just to try it and see what difference it makes.

Teri

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Original Post:
When my car was on the rolling road few months ago, I was told that I would probably get better figures from it with the standard air box back on than the HKS induction kit? WHY?
Because on a NA car, there's no intercooler to cool the hot air that's aspired through the HKS filter.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Its taken you a whole month to come up with that reply, thought you knew your stuff! Thick foreigners! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
What?!! Who's thick, here, Big Evo? (Is big a description of a particular body part of yours?) You remove the air filter box on an NA V6 and expect the warmer air to produce more power?? LOL!

You must be blonde!

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
SIMON!!!!!!

She attacked me!!! Without commenting on my points!

BE: how come you cant spell ****? But then again, there's not a lot of words you seem to be able to spell...
Why dont you go back to your hairdressing activity and leave this forum alone?

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
No, I dont have a boyfriend next to my girlfriend like you do. I called Simon so he would spank your ass for calling me names :( hehe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts