Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there

some more feed back, if any one interested.

i have just started getting a little vibrations from since i fitted the ctf disc. it only happens when braking hard on track or when braking from 80-100mph. it is not very bad but still there!?

i know someone how hvae cracked a set of new ctf discs/ds2500 yesterday on track on his evo7.

as for the pads.

the ds2500 at the front with loads of copper grease did not seem to squeal until a months later
the ds2500 rears squeal from day one :(

original anti squeal shim retained and a generous amounts of copper slip used :(

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for not replying.

Like alot of people, i have read this post, but i dont know enough to reply, and i`m not too sure what answer you would like.I`ve read it, and taken the information on board.

Thanks.

I try to post information up on the board for people that do searches in future, my last one i never got a reply to (even though i thanked various members of this board for their advice on a long term problem i had).But i dont get upest about it, not worth it.At some point someone will do a search for CTF and find this post, mebbe reply to it or simply put the information to good use ;)

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
evo-7 - chill about the lack of 'replies'. What were you expecting? CTF disks are hard(ish) to get in the UK so not that many people have them, hence the lack of replies. Still, look at how many people 'read' your posting: lots. That's what matters: people ARE taking note of what you are saying.

My take on all this?

Well, I've got cheap-n-cheerful Tar-ox disks on my EVO, and they probably 'wobble' a lot less than your expensive CTF disks. Why? COOLING - that's the key. I've now taken the dust covers off my car (from behind the front disks) and have *two* 50mm sections of tubing running up to the rear of the disk and the front of the caliper on *each* side of the car. That's sorted the brakes out just fine - and I only use my car on track days... For more cooling, look at putting some Compomotive TH2 wheels on the front, specifically designed to draw air through and off the brakes.

CTF or AP disks would be even better, as they are better disks. Still, you've got to cool them properly...

Just my two cents.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recommended the CTF discs because I have only had good experiences with them, as well as two of my friends. We use them with Pagid RS14 pads. The usual braking is at the last second possible on special stage type roads, so we brake from say 100kmh to 50kmh or from 160 to 90 or sometimes from 80 to 30 for hairpins etc.

Andre told me he does a lot of high speed braking, from 250kmh to 50kmh. Maybe this would explain why some people warp discs and some dont? It's the only difference I can see.

Oh, Andre, you said you have run them in for 400km, not sure if that's enough or not, I dont think I even did that much...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
steve

i am chilled it is just the board is very quite and sometimes you it is hard to get any replies/ answers/ debates etc.. even about something that is suppose to be the best after market disc you can get with out changing to the ap kit.

anyway, i have been on track again on friday and to mysurprise after few laps they actually stopped vibrating? very strange not that i am complaining or anything of course. i was braking really hard with them from 120mph to 50 really late etc...

the ds2500 pads still squeal like hell.

does anyone know which squeals the most, front or rear? i have got a feeling that they started squealing more once i fitted the rear ones.

claud
you just drive like a pussy mate http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > so you opnion does not count. how was your trip anyway? i have not chatted for a while on msn
sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Evo7 - I've got the Mintex 1144's in front. They were very noisey at first, and 'gentle' bedding-in didn't help. Hard bedding-in (i.e. 10-15 high speed emergency stops cured the noise). I've just come back from a track day and noticed there is a tiny bit of squeal, but not much; this is probably due to dust building up. They are too quiet to warrant cleaning up at this point.

Take your point about the vibration going away. I have the same thing with my Tar-ox disks. Cold - perfect. Very hot - perfect. Somewhere in between, little bits of wobble. You just can't win! Still, I think the cheaper disks (i.e. Tar-ox) or slightly more expensive disks (CTF's) with *very good cooling* are more than up to the job for most people - and I only use my car on track days. AP's may be the best, but I can't afford that route. Decent (cheaper) disks with good cooling are working fine for me.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Original Post:
claud
you just drive like a pussy mate http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > so you opnion does not count. how was your trip anyway? i have not chatted for a while on msn
sam

[/QUOTE]

You are right, I drive like a pussy. I couldnt say I dont, it would simply be a lie. :)

Trip was very nice, thank you very much, I guess you saw the [URL]relevant threads[/URL] :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.